• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye opener 2004

I am a little bored here. I just put the fish house away for another season and I am planning on going to the Sports Show tomorrow to look at all the great new toys for boys available to us fisherman.
Where is everybody going for opener? I am thinking about trying a new lake this year because I am tired of Mille Lacs, Gull, Winnie, Otter Tail, etc. They are good lakes but new adventure is fun too....

My dad and his buddies have always gone to Big Sandy. They actually spread a friends ashes out there 2 yrs ago. BUT, this year the resort they have always stayed at has torn down their cabins and are converting to timeshare condos.

We are now going to Leech Lake for the first time. We are staying at a resort in steamboat bay. As far as I know, none fo the 10 of us have ever fished this lake so any tips would be most appreciated.
P.S. We go the second weekend to avoid the crowds and for slightly warmer weather.

I like Stoney Point area on Leech for opener or early summer. It seems to warm up faster and it is normally not as windy around the point so you can fish it most days. Steamboat Bay takes a while to warm up so it becomes a summer fishing area more than early season.

Powerstroke
We used to fish the federal dam for eyes in the spring, that was always a great place to go and catch some nice eyes. We will be heading up to Big Pine near Perham i have always spent opener with my father and grandfather and dont plan on changing that for as long as i can, we always manage to catch a couple but the memories are what make it worth the while.
Best Fishes
Chris

I've been going to Leech on the second weekend with the same group of guys for the last 10 years straight, and we went a few times before that. Where the fish are really depends on iceout. I think it was two years ago we had a late spring? There still weren't any leaves on the trees. Fishing stunk, water temp was still low 40's, so we played poker. Still a good time.

If we were more serious about the fish than getting together every year we'd pick the lake according to the ice out date, late spring/smaller lake.

that would be the chippewa flowage in `sconsin my father ,brother,son and I enjoy this every year

just a reminder about this year's opener. It is not the second weekend of May like the majority of the years. This year the opener is on May 15th. Unless you fish Wisconsin you will be able to share Mother's Day with your Mom and/or significant other.

Don't forget you can always go fishing for crappies or head to Wisconsin if they prefer to have you out of the house that weekend.

I'll be heading to Vermilion on the Thursday after opener. We usually run into large quantities of the small post-spawn male walleyes that are hungry!

St.Louis River! LOTS of fish and some real nice ones too. Only problem is so many people!

Hey Walleyeguy, thanks for the heads up on the May 15th opener. I thought it was on the 8th (2nd Saturday in May). I was going to book a cabin today and it would have been for the wrong weekend. We probably would have had the lake to ourselves though and it would have been easy finding a cabin. I can't believe I will spend Mother's Day with my wife... 1st time probably since we have been married, which is 20 years.

I'll be mowing either a school in Taylors Falls, or a couple of schools in Lindstrom/Chisago area, like every weekend in the summer. I'm probably the most upset person on this board when the ice goes out, means pretty much 6 straight months of work. No more fishing whenever I feel like it. smile.gif

Lwn

[This message has been edited by LwnmwnMan2 (edited 03-02-2004).]

I'll be heading to Kabetogama for Sat. & Sunday for walleyes. Monday we will stop by Pelican and crank for northerns.

I also will be heading to Kab for the big opener. Have been going there for the past few years now and it is alot of fun. Catch all sizes of fish but alot of the bigger ones too. Last year we caught 50 fish on opener and about 40 of them were over the slot so they went back. Still alot of fun though.

Hey Cliff, I just went on Lake Vermillion web site and they have 33 resorts listed. Which resort would you recommend? My dad is 81 years old so a level area from the cabin to the boat dock and maybe a boat lift that we could rent if possible would be great. I never fished the lake but I have the Lake Master map and it looks like Vermillion has a lot of structure. Thanks...

It'll be Prairie Portage and Basswood for our group. Many, many years running. If anyone else is up there, you'll find us catching some eyes in the Washington Island area. Stop by and say Hi.

Pelican Lake by Pequot Lakes . Only missed 2 or 3 openers there since 1978 . We always find some fish somewhere and have alot of fun .

I'll be up playing bumper boats with Northlander again. Hopefully in my new boat.

Ah, the time honored passage of another season... the daylight lasts past dinner time... the smell of lawn chemicals in hardware stores.... clearance sales on ice fishing tackle....sportsman's shows....dog turds surfacing in my backyard.....ice out is on the way!

I feel for Ya Lwnman. i have the same problem of not getting the time to fish much in the summer .
For the opener its the BV for me grin.gif.. Pegleg,, try Retreat resort on BV, you can catch some of those Wallys right from shore there off the docks and it is pretty level to the lake . It is in the Oak Narrows area.

Maybe if im lucky my dad me and my brother can be playing bumber boats with you Northlander!!!lol

Just dont try catching them out of my livewell! grin.gif

I'm with Canvasback Kid Winnie Winnie Winnie
I have only missed one opener there in 20 years. I was on Kab that year.
Let the good times roll.

I'll either be heading to St. Loius River in Duluth, Riley in Eden Prairie, or Byllesby in Cannon Falls. All I know is I'm chomping at the bit, and I can't wait.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      My wife eats this now and then,vio tried them once. Yep tastes like raw pine needles and pine cones!!👍
    • Wanderer
      And Grape Nuts.
    • zahadurahtemple
      +2349128106243ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD OCCULT IS A SACRED FRATERNITY WITH A GRAND LODGE TEMPLE SITUATED IN G.R.A PHASE 2 PORT HARCOURT NIGERIA, OUR NUMBER ONE OBLIGATION IS TO MAKE EVERY INITIATE MEMBER HERE RICH AND FAMOUS IN OTHER RISE THE POWERS OF GUARDIANS OF AGE+. +2349128106243       SEARCHING ON HOW TO JOIN THE ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD MONEY RITUAL OCCULT IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT MAKE SURE YOU'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT VERY WELL BEFORE REACHING US HERE BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS THE HEART TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME ONE OF US HERE, BUT IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SERIOUS MINDED AND READY TO RUN THE SPIRITUAL RACE OF LIFE IN OTHER TO ACQUIRE ALL YOU NEED HERE ON EARTH CONTACT SPIRITUAL GRANDMASTER NOW, FOR INQUIRY       +2349128106243       +2349128106243 OFTEN MANY HAS VENTURED INTO SPIRITUAL MEANS OF ACQUIRING LUXURY BUT ONLY FEW GET TO THE PEAK WHEN IT COMES TO SPIRITUAL WEALTH & LUXURY NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY INFECTED OR UNWORHTY BUT IT’S ON CLEARER VIEW TO THE HUMAN WORLD NOW TO ACTUALLY KNOW THAT IT TAKES A GREAT SACRIFICE AND OFFERING TO PIERCE THE HEART OF THE SPIRITUAL WORLD IN ORDER TO MAKE A RFEQUEST NOT JUST TO MAKE A REQUEST BUT TO GET ANSWERS AND POSITIVE POSITIVE RESPONSE FOR THE SPIRITUAL GUARDIANS OF AGE. WE THE INITIATE MEMBERS OF ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GAIN A SPIRITUAL CLOSE GUARDED SECRET OF ACQUIRING WEALTH POWER &PROTECTION FOR THE GUARDIANS OF AGE THROUGH THE ORDERS OF THE TEMPLE GRANDMASTER AND OTHER SPIRITUAL LEADERS OF THE GRAND LODGE TEMPLE.        +2349128106243 WE KNOW VERY WELL THAT EVERYONE THINKS THEY HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO BE RICH AND FAMOUS NOT MINDING THE FACT THAT ONLY FEW HAS THE ABILITY AND GRACE TO BE WEALTHY, BECAUSE IF MAKING WEALTH WAS THAT EASY EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WEALTHY BY NOW. MAKING ENQUIRIES TO JOIN US HERE MIGHT BE OPEN FOR EVERYONE BUT NOT EVERYONE IS ACCEPTED AT THE END OF THE DAY. ZAHADURAH OCCULT IS NOT FOR THE RICH OR POOR BUT FOR THE “DESTINED TO BE RICH” IT DOESN’T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM OR WHO YOU THINK YOU’RE, ONCE YOUR DESTINY MATCHES THE SPIRITUAL HEART OF THIS OCCULT YOU’RE CERTAIN TO BE ACCEPTED AND TRANSDFORMED FROM POOR TO RICH OR RICH TO RICHER & POWERFUL. ALL ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD INITIATE MEMBERS ARE ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE IT MIGHT BE CARS HOUSES LUXURIOUS LIFE BUT ONE THING YOU MUST PUT FIRST IS COURAGE AND BRAVERY BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE KEYS TO UNLOCK TO ONES FORTUNE, AND BEFORE ANY MAN/WOMAN CAN BE ACCEPTED HERE HE OR SHE IS EXPECTED TO HAVE MADE UP HIS OR HER MIND KNOWING THE TASK AHEAD, THOUGH WE DO NOT USE HUMAN BLOOD FOR SACRIFICE BUT DO NOT BE DECEIVED; WE USE ANIMAL BLOOD TO PLEASE THE LORD GUARDIANS OF AGE TO ACCEPT YOU AFTER WHICH YOU’LL BE ENDOWED WITH RICHES AND LUXURY BUT KNOW THAT THERE’S A GRAND PRIZE TO PAY WHICH IS YOU OFFERING YOUR SOUL TO THE LORD LUCIFER AT CERTAIN STAGE {85YRS}       ………… NOTHING ELSE WILL BE REQUIRED UNTIL YOUR LAST SACRIFICIAL RITE AND MONEY WILL NOT BE YOUR PROBLEM AGAIN UNTIL YOU DIE. THERE 7 SACRED RULES GUIDING THIS SACRED OCCULT WHICH MAKES IT EASY AND THE BEST FRATERNITY TO BELONG, THIS RULES CAN ONLY BE DISCLOSED TO AN ALREADY INITIATED MEMBER, STRICT MEASURES ARE APPLIED IN TERMS OF KEEPING THE SECRETS OF THIS GREAT OCCULT WHICH INSTANT DEATH, SO IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T KEEP SHUT WHEN THE CLOSE GUARDED SECRETS ARE BEEN GIVING TO YOU DURING YOUR INITIATION RITUAL; DO YOURSELF GOOD BY STAYING AWAY OTHER THAN BRINGING CALAMITY UPON YOURSELF AND HOUSEHOLD. THE ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD WAS FOUNDED IN INDIA BY AFRICAN BROTHERS WHO TOOK DECISION TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF NATURE IN OTHER FOR LIFE TO BE EASY IN THE EARLY DAYS OF ALLAQUATHAMIN, THERE BY MAKING THE HOME OF THE LORD ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD TO BE IN AFRICA, WE HAVE OUR TEMPLES HERE IN AFRICA OF WHICH THE GRAND LODGE TEMPLE HQ IS SITUATED IN A HIDDEN LOCATION IN PORT HARCOURT RIVER'S STATE NIGERIA.       MANY INDIVIDUALS HAS TAKEN THE RISK OF ATTEMPTING #I_WANT_TO_JOIN_ILLUMINATI #I_WANT-TO-JOIN_THE_FREE_MASONS #I_WANT_TO_JOIN_ODD_FELLOWS AND MANY OTHER SEARCH REQUESTS; THOUGH THERE’RE OTHER FRATERNITIES LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE BUT THE BAD NEWS IS YOU CAN NEVER BE LINKED TO ANY OF THIS OCCULTS BY ANYONE UNLESS THEY WANT TO GIVE YOU FALSE HOPES THEREBY EXTORTING FROM YOU....+2349128106243.
    • zahadurahtemple
      +2349128106243ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD OCCULT IS A SACRED FRATERNITY WITH A GRAND LODGE TEMPLE SITUATED IN G.R.A PHASE 2 PORT HARCOURT NIGERIA, OUR NUMBER ONE OBLIGATION IS TO MAKE EVERY INITIATE MEMBER HERE RICH AND FAMOUS IN OTHER RISE THE POWERS OF GUARDIANS OF AGE+. +2349128106243       SEARCHING ON HOW TO JOIN THE ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD MONEY RITUAL OCCULT IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT MAKE SURE YOU'VE THOUGHT ABOUT IT VERY WELL BEFORE REACHING US HERE BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS THE HEART TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME ONE OF US HERE, BUT IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SERIOUS MINDED AND READY TO RUN THE SPIRITUAL RACE OF LIFE IN OTHER TO ACQUIRE ALL YOU NEED HERE ON EARTH CONTACT SPIRITUAL GRANDMASTER NOW, FOR INQUIRY       +2349128106243       +2349128106243 OFTEN MANY HAS VENTURED INTO SPIRITUAL MEANS OF ACQUIRING LUXURY BUT ONLY FEW GET TO THE PEAK WHEN IT COMES TO SPIRITUAL WEALTH & LUXURY NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY INFECTED OR UNWORHTY BUT IT’S ON CLEARER VIEW TO THE HUMAN WORLD NOW TO ACTUALLY KNOW THAT IT TAKES A GREAT SACRIFICE AND OFFERING TO PIERCE THE HEART OF THE SPIRITUAL WORLD IN ORDER TO MAKE A RFEQUEST NOT JUST TO MAKE A REQUEST BUT TO GET ANSWERS AND POSITIVE POSITIVE RESPONSE FOR THE SPIRITUAL GUARDIANS OF AGE. WE THE INITIATE MEMBERS OF ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GAIN A SPIRITUAL CLOSE GUARDED SECRET OF ACQUIRING WEALTH POWER &PROTECTION FOR THE GUARDIANS OF AGE THROUGH THE ORDERS OF THE TEMPLE GRANDMASTER AND OTHER SPIRITUAL LEADERS OF THE GRAND LODGE TEMPLE.        +2349128106243 WE KNOW VERY WELL THAT EVERYONE THINKS THEY HAVE ALL IT TAKES TO BE RICH AND FAMOUS NOT MINDING THE FACT THAT ONLY FEW HAS THE ABILITY AND GRACE TO BE WEALTHY, BECAUSE IF MAKING WEALTH WAS THAT EASY EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN WEALTHY BY NOW. MAKING ENQUIRIES TO JOIN US HERE MIGHT BE OPEN FOR EVERYONE BUT NOT EVERYONE IS ACCEPTED AT THE END OF THE DAY. ZAHADURAH OCCULT IS NOT FOR THE RICH OR POOR BUT FOR THE “DESTINED TO BE RICH” IT DOESN’T MATTER WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM OR WHO YOU THINK YOU’RE, ONCE YOUR DESTINY MATCHES THE SPIRITUAL HEART OF THIS OCCULT YOU’RE CERTAIN TO BE ACCEPTED AND TRANSDFORMED FROM POOR TO RICH OR RICH TO RICHER & POWERFUL. ALL ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD INITIATE MEMBERS ARE ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE IT MIGHT BE CARS HOUSES LUXURIOUS LIFE BUT ONE THING YOU MUST PUT FIRST IS COURAGE AND BRAVERY BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE KEYS TO UNLOCK TO ONES FORTUNE, AND BEFORE ANY MAN/WOMAN CAN BE ACCEPTED HERE HE OR SHE IS EXPECTED TO HAVE MADE UP HIS OR HER MIND KNOWING THE TASK AHEAD, THOUGH WE DO NOT USE HUMAN BLOOD FOR SACRIFICE BUT DO NOT BE DECEIVED; WE USE ANIMAL BLOOD TO PLEASE THE LORD GUARDIANS OF AGE TO ACCEPT YOU AFTER WHICH YOU’LL BE ENDOWED WITH RICHES AND LUXURY BUT KNOW THAT THERE’S A GRAND PRIZE TO PAY WHICH IS YOU OFFERING YOUR SOUL TO THE LORD LUCIFER AT CERTAIN STAGE {85YRS}       ………… NOTHING ELSE WILL BE REQUIRED UNTIL YOUR LAST SACRIFICIAL RITE AND MONEY WILL NOT BE YOUR PROBLEM AGAIN UNTIL YOU DIE. THERE 7 SACRED RULES GUIDING THIS SACRED OCCULT WHICH MAKES IT EASY AND THE BEST FRATERNITY TO BELONG, THIS RULES CAN ONLY BE DISCLOSED TO AN ALREADY INITIATED MEMBER, STRICT MEASURES ARE APPLIED IN TERMS OF KEEPING THE SECRETS OF THIS GREAT OCCULT WHICH INSTANT DEATH, SO IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T KEEP SHUT WHEN THE CLOSE GUARDED SECRETS ARE BEEN GIVING TO YOU DURING YOUR INITIATION RITUAL; DO YOURSELF GOOD BY STAYING AWAY OTHER THAN BRINGING CALAMITY UPON YOURSELF AND HOUSEHOLD. THE ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD WAS FOUNDED IN INDIA BY AFRICAN BROTHERS WHO TOOK DECISION TO CHANGE THE COURSE OF NATURE IN OTHER FOR LIFE TO BE EASY IN THE EARLY DAYS OF ALLAQUATHAMIN, THERE BY MAKING THE HOME OF THE LORD ZAHADURAH BROTHERHOOD TO BE IN AFRICA, WE HAVE OUR TEMPLES HERE IN AFRICA OF WHICH THE GRAND LODGE TEMPLE HQ IS SITUATED IN A HIDDEN LOCATION IN PORT HARCOURT RIVER'S STATE NIGERIA.       MANY INDIVIDUALS HAS TAKEN THE RISK OF ATTEMPTING #I_WANT_TO_JOIN_ILLUMINATI #I_WANT-TO-JOIN_THE_FREE_MASONS #I_WANT_TO_JOIN_ODD_FELLOWS AND MANY OTHER SEARCH REQUESTS; THOUGH THERE’RE OTHER FRATERNITIES LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE BUT THE BAD NEWS IS YOU CAN NEVER BE LINKED TO ANY OF THIS OCCULTS BY ANYONE UNLESS THEY WANT TO GIVE YOU FALSE HOPES THEREBY EXTORTING FROM YOU....+2349128106243.
    • zahadurahtemple
    • zahadurahtemple
    • smurfy
      he ate pine needles and pine cones raw!!!!!!!!!
    • gimruis
      No idea who that is.  Had to look it up though.  Born in 1911 and died in 1975.  That explains why I've never heard of him.
    • smurfy
      Just old leather straps!!🤣🤣apparently you seem to have no problem with all the preservatives in our foods today. I know you ain't no Euiel Gibbons.  
    • JerkinLips
      Fished Tuesday-Thursday.  Caught a lot of 9-12 inch walleyes.  The only walleyes I caught over 12 inches were two 13 inchers and the pictured 22 inch.  Don't know where the quality eaters went.  Best action was 11am-4pm.  The walleyes were stuck on the bottom so I set my bobber so the minnow could just reach the bottom.  Then I would occasionally raise it up to entice them to bite.  Got numerous bites as I was setting the depth.  Neither the Y-store nor Vermilion Fuel & Food had rainbows so I settled on pike suckers and chubs.  Didn't catch a walleye on pike suckers the first morning so I just stuck with the chubs the rest of the trip.   Good luck fishing and enjoy the lake.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.