• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bass pro shops

bucketmouth64

Anyone taken a trip to bass pro shops headquarters in Missouri? Was wondering what else there is to do there. Would a guided fishing trip on Table Rock be worth it, and is a trip to Branson worth the time too. I should mention that I will have 2 teens b/g with. Would flying/driving/train be the way to get there?

Do a Branson trip. With kids you'll have Silver Dollar City and plenty of other things for them to do. Branson has gotten very family oriented. You'll find water and fishing opportunities from Kansas City all the way down. Guide at this time of year are generally easy to find...Lake of the Ozarks at mid-Missouri, Bull Shoals below the dam at Branson and all that wonderful water above the dam. Bass pro has a huge resort/ lodge just south of Branson and is something to just go look at( and get a peek at how the ultra-wealthy play). And, of course, Springfield is the home of Bass Pro Shops where much can be seen. Plan for a day to do the whole tomato...3/4 hours for the store. Be sure to take in the wildlife mounts...they came from the old Herter's store in Waseca, Mn. and are something to witness as well. This whole area is as rich in history as it is in things to do. You will not be disappointed!

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

I drive down to Bass Pro about 4 times a year on business. (I sell gloves to Bass Pro)
It's a long drive, but in my opinion much better than flying. Flying into Springfield is pretty expensive. Usually you have to fly to Memphis and take a connecting flight. It's a pain.

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

Crossin' eyes, about how long of a drive is it? I was thinking of going down next summer in July. Any good areas to stop sleepover? Is it a pretty easy drive? I assume you just go down 35.

Crappie Tom, I take you need lots of jing to stay at Big Cedar lodge that bps promotes. I was thinking of staying there, but if it is that expensive forget it.

Bucket....You can drive it in a day, but its a haul. 35 to just west of Kansas City, then 70 east about 45 miles and then south on , I think, 65 all the way to Springfield. You'll see a lot more on this route than just the Interstate. And yes, if you are planning to spend the night at Big Cedar it will most likely be a large bill at checkout time. Go online and check before you get too down about it, I may be wrong. Nonetheless, you can still drive right up to the main lodge and get out to look at what is there...even have a meal. This part of bass pro is awesome! Check it out.

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

I went to the Springfield store about 2 years ago. It took a better part of the day to get through it. The store is very larg. If your going to that store I would recomend stopping at Lamberts Cafe in Ozark,watch out for flying rolls.

From Owatonna it is the better part of a 10 hour drive. I take the route Crappie Tom talked about.
I highly recommend Big Cedar Lodge. Yes, it's a little spendy, but it's worth it. If you get a chance, look at their website for vacation packages. My wife and I Honeymooned down there and went back for our 5th anniversary. They have golf, horseback riding, boat rentals, and of course fishing.
Big Cedar is about an hour south of Springfield on Hwy 65.

To the interested glove party. How about some Deerskin Chopper mitts with FishingMinnesota.com heat embossed on the cuff?? It would be pretty cool. Maybe we better talk to Rick!

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

Crossin' Eyes,

If you are considering the mittens with a logo and they are able to keep my hands warm I'm in.

Have been looking for a good pair of ice fishing gloves that easy to use and yet effective.

Shoot me a note with some info.

[email protected]

Me too Mike...I could always use "a pair of choppers". Does your company offer anything with thinsulate or some other material? Nav

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

BPS is about my favorite place in the whole world outside of in my boat on the water...

I towed the boat down to Table Rock last April for a week of fishing and of course we hit BPS for two days when the weather was awful. We camped at Bar-M- Resort which was a pretty nice little campground near Indian Point on the lake.

BPS has built a huge conservation center next to the store which is well-worth a look and don't miss the taxidermy in the museum and within the store. They also have a discount place next door for rehabbed and returned stuff.

On the way from Sprinfield to Branson don't miss Lamberts Restaurant - home of the throw'd rolls....great place to eat.

I am halfway thinking of doing it again in April of 2004 but would wait till mid-April because we hit some uncharacteristically cold weather - had tornadoes and hail on first day then severe cold front that brought the lake temps down 5 degrees and killed the fishing. I only caught one small smallmouth all week and my partner got nothing - not even a hit.

Had the only Lund on Table Rock - everything else was Tracker's and Rangers....LOL

Daze Off

We have just about every style deerskin glove or motten in stock. I would have to order a die for embossing the FM logo and it's about $80. That's why I need Rick's Okey Dokey before I make a bunch up.

Mike

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin