• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Empty Boat Seat!

united jigsticker

Sorry to hear of your loss. Life is too short. At least she is in a better place.

God bless.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 10-25-2003).]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim W

• IFallsRon

• big_fish_guy

• mistermom

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I decided to start my family in my late 30's. The thought that my time with them will be shorter then most father son/daughter relationships is aways in the back of my mind. Love them and prepare them well for their life's journeys. Build those forever lasting memory's with your wife and children as if it were your last days. Eye Doctor I'm sad for your loss but happy for you and your children for having the time to be a Family. I wish you and your Children the best with more life long memories ahead of you. Sincerely, Frank.

What EYEdoctor's message has pointed out is that we often take for granted such as our health, family, livelihoods, etc. We pray that he and his family continue to enjoy life and find solace in the fact that he found someone that loved him and participated in activities that he loved. As a result of his post we should find ways to thank our creator and our loved ones for what we have. I will thank my wife today for letting me maintain my mental health by fishing and hunting and also for letting me share my pursuits with our children, even though she won't accompany us. Thanks for sharing, EYE doctor. We need a wake-up call sometimes so we can better understand how fortunate we are. Your family will be in my thoughts with my next cast.

Kevin

Sorry to hear about your wife, EYEdocter. She was too young.

Thank you for reminding us not to take life for granted. God bless you and your family.

Chuck

EyeDoctor, I feel your loss. My mother died when I was seven from cancer. Leaving my Dad with two young kids. While I became extremely close with my Dad, I still miss my mom thirty years later. Luckily, I still have some wonderful memories of her. You and your family are in my thoughts.

------------------
Erik

EyeDoc: Sorry to hear that kind of news. Bad deal. If you and any of your little fishermen want to come up and enjoy some first-ice fishing, or anytime for that matter, just send me an e-mail. Fishing takes place in the Hibbing/Grand Rapids area. My treat. Regards.........Greg C.

------------------
Jaw Breaker Guide Service
Phone: 218 778-0087
[email protected]
http://fishtec.com/guide.htm

EYEdoctor
My heartfelt condolensces to you and your children. May the peace and strength of our Lord and Saviour be with all of you thru this most troubled time. Count on family and friends as they can and will be there for you and yours as well, as well as your FM family.

You are blessed with all the memories. You are blessed to have a wonderous family. My wife is 7 years my junior and is also 34, I thank you for your honest, so true, and moving post.

I do not know you, but it is obvious that you are a TRULY fine man and father.

Take care, and best wishes....Norm

you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. maybe, when things really get tough; remembering that she is fishing in Gods' boat now may help. del

EYEdoctor... My prayers are with you. Last Wednesday I buried a cherished friend and was honored to be one of his pallbearers. And while that seat may appear to be empty, I'll bet that you have more company than you are aware of in that boat. Those that have passed on are not really gone unless they are forgotten. Again...my thoughts to you and your children. Tom

Our family's prayers are with your family. Take care and God Bless!

mm (Joel, Jenine, Jonathan, Alissa, Andrew)

Eyedoctor,
My condolences and prayers, sir. May The Lord bless and keep you & yours.
I dunno the ages of yours, but I have a 5 & a 3 in Wright Co. if you have need of a play-date. I'm off on Mondays and have the kids out of the house while my wife sleeps. Just tag my name under Mods over at Upper Mississippi River.

Peace,
Rob

My wife and I both offer our condolences. Our daughter Olivia is kissing the screen. In heaven there is beer and every hookset is true.

scifisher

This forum has really been and continues to be a safe-haven and a place to get away. I have been a long time reader and few time poster. Some may remember a year or so ago when my best friend and fishing partner (my wife) and I were told her leukemia was terminal. As usual she exceeded any of their expectations, but now I am sad to say she has left this earth for far better fishing.

At the young age of 34, she had so much to live for, but God had other plans. I and our four children she has left behind can truely be thankful for the many wonderful memories we had on the water together. Nothing can take that away from us. I still remember when we bought our new boat, the salesman said you are not buying a boat, you are buying memories. Thought it was corny at the time, but boy was it ever true.

I don't mean to dampen the mood of this great forum, but it has been such a great place to escape reality and listen to and share stories.

Cherish the moments you have, and take nothing for granted.

EYE doctor

Sorry to hear of your loss.If you ever need a hand taking those 4 kids fishing just ask! I have 4 myself. Keep the memories going. I wish you peace of mind.

Brian

eye

sorry to hear about your loss. how ture it is, life is short and sometimes all we have are memories.

o

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Eyedoctor,
my condolences and prayers go out to you and your family.

We'll be here when you need us.

God bless you.

Sir - my,as well as my wife and son's prayers, go out to you and your kids and extended family. May God look over you. Fishing will be therapy for you and your kids. Being together will be the key.
Sincerely,
Matt Phelps
Phelps Tackle

The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám

Lo! some we loved, the loveliest and best
That Time and Fate of all their Vintage prest,
Have drunk their Cup a Round or two before,
And one by one crept silently to Rest.

Translated by Edward Fitzgerald

My deepest condolences EYE Doctor. May Gods hand be on your shoulder.

Ed Carlson

I wish I had something profound to say, but I don't.

Really sorry to hear about your wife, way too young to leave this place frown.gif My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

EYEdoctor-I know there is virtually nothing I can say or do that would give you any relief from the awful pain and grief you must be going through. Suffice it to say, as a member of your FM.com family, if I could take any of the pain for you,I would! May God bless you and your children.

------------------
DIRTBALL2

Eyedoctor, sorry!! And sometimes I think I have it rough!! You have made me rethink things!! Our prayers are with you and your family.

------------------
Gull Lake Guide Service
Brainerd Area Lakes Fishing
Fish House Rentals & Guide Service 218-963-0422 218-839-5598
[email protected]

EYE doctor,

I'm sorry about your loss. Our prayers will be with you and your family.

EYEdoctor, May God and your late wife look down upon you and your children and keep you safe. It is a tragedy when someone so young is taken from us, but like you said, she is in a better place now.

Fisherdog

Eyedoctor, my thoughts are with you and your children. Take care and holler if you need us.

chunky

<goose bumps reading your post>
My wife had a health scare several years ago, my son was born at 26 weeks, my daughters heart rate nearly stopped during birth.
I went through those periods vowing to never take life for granted again. Well, as time goes on and things get better, I take things for granted again.
I need to go tell my family I love them, and give each one of them a hug.

None of my past pain can match yours, I am sure.
Please, understand that things can and will get better.
PS - That boat seat is not empty. You will have that occupied in your minds eye forever, and keep that smile when you look at it each and every time.
My email is in my profile if you ever need someone to chat with.
<goose bumps again!>

[This message has been edited by biglakeba$$ (edited 10-26-2003).]

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you and your childern are able find some peace.
Your family, is in my families thoughts and prayers.