• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FishingMinnesota "Family Night Meetings"

It would be nice to have those meetings on Saturday so I could drive in from the north without having to take vacation.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick

• Dennis Steele

• Dan Wood

• Spindoctor

Take that day of vacation and "come on down".

Heck, need a better reason?

Treat that wife to a night over in a suite with a j-kusie, have a midnight supper & romance a bit and pop for some Mogen David wine.
Next day ship her off to the Medford Mall and hit Cabela's!
Or, take her out fishin' for the day. Heck, stay two nights... end-dulge yurselves a bit!
Fun smile.gif
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 10-01-2003).]

Dave, My hat goes off to you! Your desire and hard work are remarkable. Living in central Wi., I haven't even given it much thought, but your efforts are starting to change that! Whether or not I make it, I just wanted to "thank you" for a job well done! Mark

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Can it be luck,
It has been my pleasure! Promoting is what I do best... that, and hiding from MOM! smile.gif
I like this site and all staff connected to it. FM has a real family feel. I am thrilled to be here and to help begin a new program for set meetings allowing face to face interaction. We'll all meet some very interesting people at these meetings.

I want to post the links again, to get information about Owatonna area events and site-seeing locations. You may also like to visit these sites to learn more about Owatonna area accomidations...

http://www.owatonna.org/index.php
http://www.ci.owatonna.mn.us/

Or... contact me for further information.
Dave 507.202.0312
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 10-01-2003).]

Kinda hoping to make it myself with wife in hand, she loves Cabela's...LOL.
Only make it there about twice a month, I live way to close.
Hey dave, how about looking into a hunting day for those of us that like both sports.
Just a thought.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Duck hunters might like to try out Moonan Marsh by Waseca (14 miles west of Cabelas) or Rice Lake in Rice Lake State Park (14 miles east of Cabelas). There are a number of others and I can fill you in on Friday night if you'd like.

Let me know who plans to hunt here. If you make a choice here, I'll have some good info ready for you.

I would be interested in hunting, any information Friday would be great. Our party hunted Moonan Marsh on the opener and the water level was real low and our success was similar. Personally I got 4 teal, our party ended up with 10. Would have done better, too many people were sky-busting and the ducks just kept on getting higher.

I'll arrive about 5:30pm to start setting up. I hope to use that time to visit some with those that arrive early too.
I have had several ask about bringing in "things" to do show & tell with.
You can bring what ever you like into Cabela's but you need to stop by the customer service desk and get a sticker to go on those items... makes it a snap getting those items you brought in, back out of the store.
It will be great to meet you guys that make it and swap stories & info in person.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 10-13-2003).]

I got a call from the news editor at the Owatonna People's Press wanting to know the cost for the event... GEEEEESSSS... I forgot to tell everybody that this Meeting is FREE... AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
You only pay for your meal, if you eat.
What a deal...

You Rochester area guys & gals will get to hear some great information if you attend. I am planning on twisting Jim W's arm some... to tune us in on some good fall river information, and John Eggers
"Spindoctor" will be there also. John is a fish catching machine!
Mike Smith "HOF" and Crappie Tom are bringing some items to show and tell us about... and will be sharing some local info on tips and tackle trends for our area of Southern Minnesota.
I also hope to hear from some of the LETS tournaments guys there and will like to have Pete Riola speak about the I.C.E tournament trail.
FUN smile.gif
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 10-13-2003).]

You don't have to twist my arm! If it has to do with wetting a line, count me in. I'll also be available saturday if anyone wants to wade a river to spin or fly fish for pike or bass. Have no boat but could show folks where the largemouth are on clear lake, but if no intrest in either, I am going to try and bumm a ride out to Totonka with Catch-n. No matter what we are gonna have fun!
John.
P.S. Due to relocation, my connection is down for a few weeks, so I will be conducting business from Where-ever I can. Library etc.
I won't be able to receive e-mail and posts will be slow.
John

Guys & Gals,
I got a call from "Ice John" over on the Iowa forum.
He is looking to carpool and share room expenses with anyone that might come to the meeting from Iowa.
If interested, please let him know by contacting him here or on the Iowa forum.
Thanks much!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

I will be there, once I get done with work. I don't think the wife will be coming, although she likes Cabela's ALMOST as much as I do grin.gif !!

eyes317

I an wondering if we made the news papers in announcing the FM Family Night Meeting event?
I sent a notice to the Mpls Trib, Saint Paul Post, and papers in Rocheser, Waseca, Austin, & Mankato.
Please, let me know if you see any mentions in your local papers.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Just got back from the meeting. Sure was nice to meet a lot of you. It was a fun time. A lot of info and getting to know each other. Should be another great year for FishingMN!

Remember the next one is on November 14 at Cabela's again.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

It only get's better from here ! Glad to meet you all, nice to put a face with a name.

IT WAS MY PLEASURE !

Proud to be a "FMer"

Richard
Pro Staff Director
Catch-N Tackle Co.
Bio-Bait

Thanks Rick, for making the meeting possible and a huge success!
It went just great, I thought.
I am sad though, that I did not manage to have Mike Smith of HOF up to talk... time and my time management did not allow for it this round.

My sincere apologies to you Mike.
Please come again and be first up!

I was thrilled with attendance and the number of speakers was great!
I can see that we need to set a time limit on all speakers and coordinate the number of speakers per event. Something like 10 minutes each, or 15 minutes perhaps? And, have have like 5 speakers... that and way, time would allow for announcements and acknowledgements... and a break in the mid meeting. Questions time at the end wuld be nice too.
What are your thoughts, Rick?
You staff guys?

Thanks for a great time guys, it was a blast meeting you all!

Thanks to the guys from River Pro Boats for showing your boat to us at this meeting... it was just awsome! Truely, a fantastic river fishin' machine! WOW... what a perfect boat for the rivers and its shallows. It must only draw inches of water when up on plane. Thanks for bringing it, you guys!

I also want to thank Jerry Atherton from Lake Assult Boats. He drove down for the meeting to show us his boat... and back again on Saturday morning from Elk River to fish Tetonka with me.
What a great guy... and what a great boat!
A bit about the fishing day...
as soon as Jerry left the fish started to bite! Na... kidden, it was a little better later on in the day... but remained slow, we left about 4:00pm. Definately an afternoon bite and Jetty left at noon. Fish were scattered. We did manage a few nice Bass (mostly on John Eggers Spinners).
A bit about the boat...
It rocked!
It is DEEP & WIDE.
It is definately a "screamer" and a nice smoothe and dry ride. A "no foo foo" boat (as Jerry calls it)with no carpet, no plastic rails, no wood floors or casting decks... it is all metal. It has nothing on it that is made that'll rot... or deteriate with age. Definately the last boat you would ever have to buy... lasting a lifetime! Made of aluminum... it'll buff to a shine... no dulling paint or rust, ever!
Nice.... galvanized "dualie" Easyloader Trailer to boot...with a Honda pusher, & twin MinKotas.
2 cool.
I loved it and now want one, of course... smile.gif
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 10-18-2003).]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

There were a lot of folks and Pro Staff that attended.

I was very pleased to see so many of you there and in attendance at Timber Lodge Steakhuse for a little socializing afterwards.

I can't tell you enough how much I enjoyed talking with all of you.

I'd like to thank Dave and Richard for all their hard work. You two are the ones who really put this meeting together. I had very little to do with it.

It was awesome listening to all of you Pro Staff get up and talk.

I knew you were good, but I had no idea you were that impressive. Those who weren't there, you should have been there to get some of their insights into the world of fishing. Much, much better in person, if you believe that's possible.

I know we missed hof because time ran out and we do need to do something to make sure that doesn't happen again. One of SE Minnesota's brightest anglers didn't get to share and I regret that.

It was great having the boat vendors there. We learned a lot about boats and the differences for differant situations. River Pro (Kevin Turner) and Lake Assault (Jerry Atherton). I highly recommend we have at least two manufacturers of outdoor products to talk each time. It's very interesting hearing their stories,

It was also great for FishingMN Pro Staff to get a chance to show their stuff. That is what we're all about...sharing great info and having fun.

I can only speak for myself and I can say, you guys really made it fun for me.

Thanks guys and gals from the bottom of my heart smile.gif

You were all very impressive.

Hello everyone !
Just wanted to say it was so nice to meet you all, I had alot of fun! It was for us too , nice to see who the people on here are ! I can honestly say I learned alot. Thank you all for being so nice to the new person to FM.com.
Nancy Scott
EBD

Gald you made it Nancy and welcome to the board!

I know one thing...Next time I sign a guest book, I'm gonna make sure thats what it is and not a sign up sheet to speak! Oh well I gave it a shot...I felt a little silly getting up in front with a microphone and getting lock jaw! encore.gif

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Dark30, you did a great job!
It was a "learning thing" for us all... and a great start for learning how's to's & setting up the next meeting and the next meeting. That meeting is on November 14th. I'll have a sigh in sheet and a "speaker" sheet for the next meeting. I hope to see you back for that one.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Thank you again for inviting us! You guy's and Gal(judy) wereall so nice to me, I really appreaciate it. And I agree no more signing the sheets when you go to a meeting.. Just Kidding,actually I really like to talk!! Can't ya tell
EBD
Nancy

I was a good turn out and a good time!I am glad I made it.There was a lot of imformation to absorb and and my fishhead soaked up a thing or two. smile.gifAll the speakers were really good.Especially Dark 30 who was completly surprised that he had signed up to speak! A successfull event for sure!
Thanks To Dave,Rich,and Rick for getting this off the ground.I am sure the next meetings will even be better.And of course thanks to all who attended.Thats who really made this a success.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
"fishhead"
[email protected]
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com

I would like to thank Nancy and Greg Scott for bringing Brandon, Dakota, and Blaise. It was good to see these young guys there.
It was great meeting you guys!
I hope to see you again in November.

Also, I want to thank Jason and Judy Doughty for attending and having some samples of plastics to give... I got some of their great "Mad Toms" to try!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family