• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FishingMinnesota "Family Night Meetings"

I am thrilled to announce FishingMinnesota's Family Night Meetings!

These meetings are open to the public and meant to promote "FM".
The meetings will provide a place to share fishing information face-to-face, and generate some "entertainment" for a regular social "gathering".
The meetings will also serve to generate in-person contacts and "relations" with existing FM members. And will bring in new FM members.
Each meeting will have an FM forum moderator as MC - master of ceremonies, many FM pro staff in attendance, guest speakers & reps from companies associated with FM, and involve an evening meal.

The first three meetings will be held at the Cabela's Retail Store in Owatonna, MN.
These meeting dates are on October 17, November 14 and January 23.

Future meetings and locations will be announced later.
After holding these first three meetings, it is in planning that future meeting may be held in other areas of the state... in Minnesota's North, East, and West regions.

The meeting scheduled at Cabela's Retail will be held in their meeting room (at the top of the stairs and to the right) by the food service area. This room seats aprox. 120 people and has a microphone & overhead projector, tables & chairs.

FM Pro Staff meeting starts at 6:00pm with a 30 minute socal time for non FM staff.

The FishingMinnesota Family Night Meeting would start at 6:30pm, with supper starting promptly at 7:00pm. We will dine off the regular menu for the October meeting and will consider a buffet style meals for the November and January meetings.

Meeting is over at 8:30pm.

Cabela's is closed at 9pm.

Those inclined, can leave the closing Cabelas and head to a local "pub"... Richard Smith is working on one to accomidate us.

The agenda is "open" for the first meeting. All meetings are to be fun "get-together" type events.

I would love to see some reps. from fishing related companies attend, and ask that they be "recognized" throughout the evening to share any information. My thought is that Rick will hold the floor as the "MC" at the Owatonna meetings.

It is my hope many people attending these Owatonna meetings will take advantage of seeing the Cabela's Retail Store and Cabela's Outlet Mall as well as the many other interesting places to see, and shop, in Owatonna...hey, Hooked on Fishing is only 45 minutes away in Rochester smile.gif

I would also hope many of you will stay over-night and enjoy a day of Owatonna area fishing. Richard Smith is working with Cabela's to provide shuttle service for you interested to and from the Cabela's Retail Store and the Medford Outlet Mall.
MOM and the kids may like this!
We will soon announce the "Saturday after" event schedule inclusing the local lake & hot spots.

As for accomidations, the Americinn of Owatonna has sent me this information...
We currently have availability for the dates you gave me. You may want to
consider having us block some rooms. Normally blocks are held until 30 days
before the scheduled dates.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate your Friday lodging
needs for Oct 17th, Nov. 14 , 2003 and Jan. 23, 2004 for your "Fishing Minnesota Family Meeting" to be held at Cabela's Retail Store. We also understand these are Friday evenings and
possibly some people will also stay the following Saturday evenings on all
the above dates.
This is what our rates would be for the dates you gave us starting October
2003 through May 2004.
After May the rates could be subject to change.
Rates would be $75 per night for up to 4 people per room in a standard room
This includes free continental breakfast, pool and spa.
If they book the rooms 30 days in advance of the scheduled dates the rate
will be $65 per night for up to 4 people per room in a standard room.
This includes free continental breakfast, pool and spa.
We also have limited family suites available for up to 6 people
Rates would be $99 for up to 6 people.
If they book 30 days in advance rates would be $89 for up to 6 people.
This includes free continental breakfast, pool, and spa.
You may want to note that restaurants and fast food are within walking
distance and that AmericInn is centrally located to all area attractions.
Thanks for this great opportunity and please let me know if you require
additional information.
My number is 507-451-0055 Ext. 30
My email is [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
We look forward to working with you.
Kathy Sandberg

Please feel free to contact them for further information. You may also like to visit these sites to learn more about Owatonna area accomidations, sites, and events.

http://www.owatonna.org/index.php
http://www.ci.owatonna.mn.us/

Or... contact me for further information.
Dave 507.202.0312

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick

• Dennis Steele

• Dan Wood

• Spindoctor

How about have it in Moorhead instead

Man, thats along way from here, heh, heh!

[This message has been edited by Dano2 (edited 09-11-2003).]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hey Dano2, I was just up in your area on the weekend of Aug 31st for the Red River Frog stomp. I didn't see you there?

We may have a meeting in the Northern part of the state in March. No Guarantees, but I'm working on it.

In the mean time, Owatonna Cabelas is an awesome place to visit. It's an extremely good place for a lot of FishingMN Family members to get together.

Plan it and come get some face to face information about what's happenning with fishing around the state from FishingMN Pro Staff and have a little fun at Cabelas. We may be doing a little fishing on Saturday (close by).

If you can make it, I highly encourage you to make plans to attend.

Be one of the 1st to get in on the ground floor of these Fishing Minnesota meetings.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-12-2003).]

I'm all for a meeting in Moorhead too!

marine_man

[Note From Rick: We were in your area for the Frog Stomp Aug 31st. It was well known to all who visit the forums. I didn't see you there either marine_man grin.gif The moral of the story is, if you want to see things happen in your area, then be sure to show up when we are there for events. Unless you're not in the area anyway, in which case it's a silly request smile.gif ]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-12-2003).]

Thanks Catch'n Guys for setting these up! I won't be able to attend any 'cause I work weekends (soon) but I think it's really great to see someone put together real flesh-n-blood events for the participants of this on-line community! Thanks a bunch and good luck with them!

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."

Aquaman, you are very welcome.
It has been a pleasure working on this FM, for both Richard Smith and myself.

I look forward to meeting a bunch of you guys at the meeting. It will be nice too, to bring wifes & kids along and make a weekend "family thing" out of this.
Staying at a nice hotel with pool and hot-tub, grabbing breakfast and getting shuttled off to the Medford Outlet Mall may be just what a guy will need to make MOM come with. And that might even get you out next meeting time... for a second trip!
I'll keep my ear to the ground and figure a place to fish locally where we can have a Saturday Day After... FISH-A-THON.
It sounds like great fun!
Catch-n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

I'd like to throw this out for the FM staff to think about in regards to these meetings. Friday nights at 6 are tough for people with a little longer drive. Maybe some consideration can be given to having the meetings on Sat. evenings with a Sunday fish a thon?
Just a thought. Thanks Rick and Dave for spending your time and effort getting these events put together. You can bet on me being there.

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

Crossin' Eyes
A Saturday evening meeting would not have much a following to a Sunday Fish-A-Thon... as most having brought wives & kids would have to check out of a hotel by noon on Sunday and those would be leaving for home about Sunday noon.
It is my hope that many will stay over till Sunday...noon. They will all be out fishing on Saturday (or maybe he is fishing while MOM is shopping) staying in Owatonna all day on Saturday and blow out on Sunday noon.

Heck, the "Day After" meeting event schedule, for Sat., may turn out to be the real draw here!
You may want to just come for that... if Friday night is a tough one for you.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Rick and other Moderators,
For other parts of the states' get togethers, you may want to check into Gander Mountain. I believe most of their stores have a "Gander Lodge" meeting area. Just a thought while I'm bored over here in Iraq....

Some who was thinking suggested we start a head count to know how many will be in attendance for the Family Night Meetings.
I suggest we do that here.
Please let us know if you plan to attend and how many persons will be coming with you.

This will be for the first meeting at the Owatonna Cabela's Retail Store on October 17.

I will start by saying that there will be Richard Smith and myself and my two boys.

That is 4.

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I will be there Dave. This baby kicks off at 6:30 on Friday with a meal.

I'll let Dave repeat the details for you.

Meeting details....
The meeting scheduled at Cabela's Retail will be held in their meeting room (at the top of the stairs and to the right) by the food service area. This room seats aprox. 120 people and has a microphone & overhead projector, tables & chairs.

FM Pro Staff meeting starts at 6:00pm with a 30 minute socal time for non FM staff.

The FishingMinnesota Family Night Meeting would start at 6:30pm, with supper starting promptly at 7:00pm. We will dine off the regular menu for the October meeting and will consider a buffet style meals for the November and January meetings.

Meeting is over at 8:30pm.

Cabela's is closed at 9pm.

Those inclined, can leave the closing Cabelas and head to a local "pub"... Richard Smith is working on one to accomidate us.

The agenda is "open" for the first meeting. All meetings are to be fun "get-together" type events.

Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Catch'n
I'm planning on the November meeting. I'll be heading to South Dakota on the 17th of Oct.
Lucky

I plan on attending.. who is bringing their wives? Not sure I can get my wife to go in Cabelas AGAIN, but just wondering how many are bringing their wives or if this will be mainly guys..

I spoke to the person in charge of the shuttle service at the Owatonna Cabela's about providing shuttle service to and from area hotels.
He told me that a call from the hotel's front desk will get Cabela's shuttle to come and pick you up at any area hotel... and stopping at Cabela's customer service desk is all you need to to arrange a shuttle to return you to your hotel... anytime, day or night!
The Cabela's associate I spoke with also told me that if the wife wanted a ride to the Medford Mall while you do Cabela's, that that would work also. What a deal!!! This sounds like the wife can shop at Cabela's and the mall both using Cabela's shuttle.
FUN smile.gif
Yep, this is a Family Night Meeting and it is for all your family.... come make a FUN weekend of it!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

I won't be able to attend the Oct meeting, new baby and all. It might work out for me to attend the Nov. meeting, but I am going to make a real attempt to attend that one.

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

I have invited Pete Riola of fishfever.com to come and be one of the guest speakers at the October 17th. FM Family Night Meeting.
Pete may bring some of his digital video clips to show smile.gif
Pete will discuss this seasons Ice Leaders - ICE (stands for IceLeaders Challenge Events) tournament trail. These Ice Leaders contests are multi-species tournaments to crown the Ice Leader's World's Greatest Ice Fisherperson.
I have submitted a press release to the Owatonna People's Press and will send it also to The Outdoor News.
Here it is should any of you wish to forward it to your local news paper or fishing publication...

This one is a "keeper" - by Dave "Hoggie" Hoggard

What if there was a monthly meeting place for all people in Minnesota who like to fish?
What if you could bring the wife and kids to this meeting, visit with local and regional fishing pros, meet fishing product manufacturers & reps, and have a great meal?
What if you could learn about new products, hot lures, and the latest in fishing industry innovations?
What if the meeting was at the Owatonna Cabela's Store on a Friday night?
What if an area hotel gave you a reduced rate on a room for the meeting date and the next night too?
What if you were able to fish Owatonna area lakes or shop and "sight see" in the Owatonna area all day on Saturday?
What if?????

Well, that would be very cool!

There is no "what if". Thanks to FishingMinnesota.com it is a happening deal!

www.FishingMinnesota.com is the largest internet fishing information site in the Midwest with over 276,000 visitors monthly. "FM" (as it is affectionately called) has planned monthly meetings at the Owatonna Cabela's Retail Store for their FM "Family Night Meetings".

The first meeting is set for October 17th. with a social time from 6:00 to 6:30pm. The meeting place is upstairs in the Cabela's meeting room to the right of the food service area. The evening meal starts at 7:00pm and will be from Cabela's great menu selection. The meeting is over at 8:30 pm and Cabela's closes at 9:00pm.

You will find information on www.FishingMinnesota.com telling what area lakes are "hot" and not. There will also be a "plan of attack" at the lake of choice, for all to meet and fish the Saturday morning after the meeting.
FM will post links to sites where you can find places to shop in Owatonna, area events and local attractions. AmericInn of Owatonna has offered reduced rates on rooms reserved in advance for those that wish to drive to Owatonna and stay over night. Cabela's will provide shuttle to and from the hotel to the Cabela's Retail Store.

These meeting are intended to be a fun "get together" event and will promote fishing as a family activity. Meetings have also been set for November 14th. and January 23rd. These meeting may have a buffet style meal catered by the Cabela's food service team.

"What if" more meeting are soon scheduled? That will mean more fun to come and a sure cure for dreaded cabin fever!

Dave "Hoggie" Hoggard

For more information contact:
[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle Co.
www.catch-n.com
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 09-23-2003).]

Timberlodge Steak House is just down the road from the Owatonna Cabela's Retail Store.
Thanks to Richard Smith, we now have a place to "meet" after Cabela's closes (this was Richard's thought for an ideal spot).
The manager of the Timberlodge Steak House has said that they have a meeting room that may be used if desired and that he may supply some free "horseduvers" and such. This place is very nice, has great food, and has much "atmosphere". It should impress the late dining familys and the "gotta have one more coffee" croud that might take advantage of the chance to do more visiting and planning fish-attacks.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family