• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rick - How about Alaska?

Try Too Fish

Hi Rick
This time last year i was just back from fishing in Alaska.
With all the hot weather and less than average fishing i'm wishing i was there!
Maybe to ease the pain, How about a great addition too an already great site with an Alaska specific forum?

What do you think?

Thanks for the consideration!

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!!:)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If you're reading this post, you're from Alaska and would like to have an Alaska forum, post here.

Then if you'd like to help with that forum, use the "Contact Us" link below and let me know a little about yourself and how you can help.

If I get enough responses, I'll do it.

I sure hope folks from Alaska jump on this and something gets started.

Alaska has to be the closest thing to "fishing heaven" as there is on this planet. There are multiple saltwater opportunities, streams and rivers to wade, paddle and float, inland lakes, mountain lakes, not to mention scenery that doesn't quit and variety to accomodate most every outdoors person's taste.

If you haven't been there, it ought to be the goal of every one who loves to fish. I had very high expectations and it exceeded them all. If you want to wet your appetite a little, there are several informative on-line links including the Anchorage and Fairbanks daily papers, Alaska Magazine and the Alaska Game & Fish Department for starters.

Let's hear from The Great Land.

Hey Rick, I'd be all for an AK addition to this forum. Half he people living up there moved up from this neck of the woods, and there are plenty of guys down here with a lot of knowledge 'm sure.

I am not from there, but I think it would be a great addition, because most guys would love to go there and it would be a great source of information. I am planning on going to college in Fairbanks to. I think if there is enough interest it would be a great idea. that's my .02
Brian

I agree there is plenty of interest in an Alaskan forum from the folks down here, but in order to make it a productive and informative forum we need the interest, frequent participation, and input from folks residing in Alaska.

FM member Alaskander has alot of good input from up there, but I'm not sure if he has access to the web when he's up there. If you're out there buddy give us a hollar!

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

I agree fully with the suggestion that there be an Alaska forum. None of us get there as much as we like but many of us have fished and enjoy hearing about the runs, places techniques etc. It would be great to get some folks living in Alaska year round on the site but would be some good discussion from just the vacation crowd on an Alaska forum. I am all for it and would check in frequently and when fishing in Alaska post results frequently. Lets do this.

------------------
Crappie are more than just panfish!!

I agree that it would be great to have an Alaska forum. Would be fun reading and could learn about runs, spots and techniques not to mention best outfitters and places to stay and those to avoid. I think many local lower 48 folks would read and respond as there vacations take them there and would be critical to get some local AK involvement. I hope this can happen.

------------------
Crappie are more than just panfish!!

• 3 weeks later...

Help Last Call
If anyone knows of someone that lives or works in Alaska and likes to fish urge them too help get this off the ground smile.gifMaybe you know a great charter or guide service in Alaska that would like too be involved with FM.
Have them post here or contact Rick

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!!:)

I lived in alaska for part of a summer and I would be for it, since I do plan on going back. It would be nice to have a place to pick peoples brains about the place.