• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gripe #344 and 345

Scoot

I really hate it when...
#344- people think they're doing you a favor by slowing down to about 1/4 or 1/3 throttle as they go past you. All they manage to do is throw a huge @$$ wake instead of cruising by on plane and moving a much smaller wake.
#345- related to #344, but different. I hate it when people anchor in a skinny spot of water then get mad as heck when boats go cruising by them "too close". At LOW this weekend two boats were anchored in the lighthouse gap and two others were drifing through the area. With only about 100 yards of usable water in the smallest spot, it left about 25 yards between boats. If you split the difference between boats, you only have about 10 to 15 yards to give each boat. Then, the idiots who anchor in this skinny water have the nerve to get mad when you cruise through to get out to the lake. Where else am I supposed to go? Through Pine Island??? If you don't want to get rocked by waves, don't anchor in a spot that is narrow and forces boats to pass close to you.
I'm done venting now!
Scoot

Most bodies of water require by law that you give anchored boats (and shore or docks) a minimum of 150' (some are 100') clearance when passing...

It does not take me long to slow down 150' from them, drive 300' total off plane, then hammer it down again...

If they dont like that then, I agree they should not be fishing in a tight area...

Wally

Scoot,

I hear ya. But remember on a narrow stretch like Lighthouse gap if they went through “fast” we would probably gripe about that too. If we let stuff like this get us too tied up then it is no longer fun. Besides, some of the guys I fish with do more sleeping than fishing when we are out there. The waves from those boats are the only thing that gives their jigs any action! I won’t divulge any names of the sleepers but one of them has the initials, biglakeba$$. Oops…………………..

I was swimming at the beach in Spicer a couple weekends ago. Whilst swimming I noticed there was a boat with people fishing within about a foot from the "swim area" bouys. Isn't that illegal? It really burned me. There were a lot of boats cruising tooo close to one another. Is the idea of ethical behavior dead and does anyone ever believe in being courteous?
MY2
God lyk!
JC

I was out on Nest lake once and this skier came out from Cedar Point Resort and circled around our pontoon before going back to the resort again. They did this about 5 times. It really gets to a person after they do it over and over again with 900 other acres to fool around with. And we were anchored on the sunken island infront of Island View Resort. Right out in the middle of nowhere. That really can make ya mad. Some people just dont get it.

Green lake is alittle better on Holiday weekends if ur out in the middle of the lake fishing they dont bother ya.

------------------
Fish ON!

I had a guy come to the area I was fishing (trolling bottem bouncers) and fish around the area I was trolling. I had a pretty easy back and forth troll about 75 yards long. Well one time on my turn around there he is right in the middle of my route vertical jigging. He knew where I was going but I suppose he figured right in the middle of my path was the best spot so there he fished. I think he even got a little upset when I trolled back through 20 yards from his boat in non-productive water. Good thing it was time for me to head in so I didn't let it ruin my day. Some people.