• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Amature need advice please

tntcoder

Hi all,

Nice community you people have here, i am from the UK and this may be totally the wrong place to ask frown.gif but we dont seem to have any fishing forums.

Basically i need some advice on Pike fishing in UK rivers, firstly i am wandering what is the best weather to fish for pike, baring in mind that the river has a fair amount of weed and lilly pads so i think surface spinning is and has been my best option, yet with that i have failed to catch above 4-5 pound pike. I am wandering if you skilled people could give me some advice on possible techniques i could adjust to? and on what is the best weather for surface pike.

Thanks for any pointers

Welcome aboard tnt. You might want to check out the Muskie/Pike Forum. Plenty of good info there. Scan down towards the bottom of the forums page you'll find it. BTW how big do the pike get in the UK?
Lucky

hey mate thanks i will check out that forum, biggest pike in my are seem to be max of around 50lb i have never had any luck though, probably as im river fishing rather than lakes.

TNT

I have three querrys:
1. 50lbs!!!!!!!is that English or American???
2. Do you have a "bang-stick" with you?
(a skindivers tool, used to defend
againt large aquatic prerdators)
3. Do people swim in the shallows,safely?