• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ultimate tool for fishing/hunting arsenal.....

Mark Christianson

.....the wife putting up with me going out in the outdoors as often as I do. For you single guys that love hunting and fishing; I sure hope you get a lady that puts up with as much s**t as my wife does. I have averaged close to 3 days a week of fishing over the entire spring and summer, and hunting is only a little over a week away. I hunt waterfowl, upland game, and big game. I use bow, rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader. My fall is solid booked.
How many times does someone call on a moments notice and ask if I can hit the woods or waters? More often than I care to think about.
She has very little interest in fishing, and literally no interest in hunting. She is not anti in any way. She always meets me in the garage, and inspects the days bag, and wants to know how the day/weekend went.
Here's to all those women out there that stand by their man.(Even though he is never home.)
Thanks a million to my wife Becky!!!!! Truly a class act. I couldn't ask for a better person to be my wife.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

As you my wife would rather let me go off on my outdoor adventures without her. Sure she'll go along on a camping trip even though my intension's are to fish hard. We both get what we want out of the trip. She'll lay back at camp and take it easy while I'm in the boat all day long huntin fish.
Why am I finding that I'm not in the boat as often and back on shore takin it easy like the women folk? Geesh I hope it's just a faze I'm going through. smile.gif

Sounds like you got the best trophy of all at your house. NOTHING better than a wife who supports her husband in what he loves to do.Mine is great too. I have to always remind myself to not take her for granted, and support her in what she loves to do too.
Great choice.
Dale

Hmmm. Her birthday is Sept 12th, Anniversary is late Sept.(always forget the exact date)
wink.gif

That wasnt the reason I posted though.
Good catch Sand. I had forgot about those!

I introduced my girlfriend to fishing a few years back. Now I can't get her to leave the water!! Fishing is now her passion. She also comes with me to the duck blind to watch me hunt. I would like to get her involved, but I think killing game is something you dont push on people, either they will or they wont. Either way it's thier choice. However she did surprise me this spring when she showed me a new Smith and Wesson 44 mag she purchased for protection/target practice. I thought maybe she would have picked out something small and cute instead of that big honkin thing! She had a big smile on her face when she took it out to show me. I've been trying to convince her that bigger doesn't necesarily mean better!! smile.gif I have some pictures of her and some fish on my link, darn girl outfishes me now!!! wink.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 08-28-2003).]

Biglakebass--Thanks for starting a great thread!

I've married a one-in-a-million Woman too. She doesn't like to fish much, or hunt big game, but she has her own German SH Pointer and she LOVES to hunt Pheasant and Grouse.

I'm always respectful of her plan-ahead requests so we avoid scheduling conflicts and I never bug-out on her and leave her hanging.

Now that we've got a 15 month old son and a Baby Girl due in December, my trips have gotten to be fewer and fewer, but I don't care too much. I'm looking forward to taking the kids everywhere with me or all of us when they're a little older.

I'm one lucky guy...

------------------
Chells

Im expecting to hear violins in the background as I read this. Truethfully I married a cool chick too. She reads I fish and neither bitches the other does it too much. It sure makes life easier having a wife like her!

My wife gets upset when I don't take her! We got ta bigger boat because she suggested we get one with a bathroom. Then we made a big 8' x 22' ice fishing house with all the amenities of home, because she didn't like the portable. So she's so comfortable in both, she has a hard time with me leaving her at home! It's great though, I like taking my wife with most of the time.

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

When we got married 8 years ago I was a vegetarian hippy wood-worker. She loved me and was supportive of that (although starving periodically wasn't so much fun) and now I'm a corporate wage-slave who loves to fish and she's supportive and cool with that, too. She started fishing this year and likes it a lot! Helps that the kids love it, too.
We're all so lucky! Someone ought to cook up a Hallmark card for this situation - but we wouldn't buy it - 'cause we're guys.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."

You guy's wives are an inspiration! I can't say I've been so lucky in the past. Not a compleat shutdown mind you. But not always a, "good luck honey, Knock 'em dead", attitude. I think I'll show her this thread. Thanks for the ecourageing words!

Hey Aquaman, your last post was very, "grabbing". I'd love to hear your story! 8 years ago you where a veggie!?!?!?

Fishface5-
Okay - I'll 'fess.
I've always been pretty conservation-minded and liberal in my viewpoints, values and opinions (must have been all that original Star Trek I watched as a kid wink.gif ). I ran across literature (some reputable and some not) that outlined how much resources are consumed by the conventional meat industry, i.e.-a pound of beef has (x) grams of protein and to get that lb. of beef it takes (x) acres of land, (x) gallons of water, (x) gallons of gasoline etc., while a pound of beans or soy protein has (x) amount of protien and consumes far less. This equates basically to -

Land and water grow food to feed to meat to feed to people, or land and water can grow food to feed people. It makes sense to me that by removing commercial meat from that consumption equation, I could make a positive impact upon consumption. Not much, but something anyway.

My vegetarian diet (not lifestyle, mind you -diet) decision had 2 benefits to me -
1) better health
2) less consumption of resources to feed me
That lasted about 5 years. My muscles toned up better, I lost fat, I picked up endurance and other physical benefits. When I stuck to a cooking schedule I saved a LOT of money on food. I also was forced to broaden my culinary horizons and found foods from many other cultures. I'll take a good babaganouch, hummus & tabouli platter over a bucket of wings any day.

I still believe people in our culture consume way more than we need to, particuliarly when it comes to food.

I started eating meat regularly again when we had kids and had to make meals more quickly and still provide solid nutrition for a breastfeeding mother and small children. Fast & meatless are an expensive combination.

I was never a neo-fascist-veggie-o-path, although I was often assumed to be. I never refused hospitality at someone's table or fire - I would never insult a host by refusing food that they either killed or earned and then prepared. That's terrible.
I never got 'preachy'. If someone asked, I would tell them why I chose the diet I did.

I never deluded myself into thinking that by not eating meat I was eliminating all animal consumption on my part. If you wake up to a light bulb - something died.

It is quite possible to love the Earth, support almost every adult's right to bear arms, treat our environment with the respect She deserves, fish A LOT, support industrial hemp production, stand at attention during the National Anthem, listen to Bruce Springsteen AND Phish, love Jesus and sell stuff for a living...all at the same time.

You asked.

Aquaman

Well Heck
I love my wife too!
She is another gem who does not share my passion for fishing but does not restrict me from doing what I love.I am on the water at the minimum 3 days a week and on the weekends I am not to be seen.When the boat gets backed in the drive she is almost always there to greet me with a smile.She's a keeper!

(and its not coming up on her birthday or aniversary either! smile.gif)

Hey AM. Thanks for sharing. I was thinking you'd maybe have a big conversion story, you know, young Lib grows up and sees the light sort of thing. Still, pretty interesting. Well, I think I might go wadeing in the Miss. today around Monti.