• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Off Subject: How to get rid of ground wasps.

Thats funny doctor bob to close to home but funny.E BASS this has got to the point where you cant sell us all out by taking some easy way out like SCOTT S suggested . you have brought this upon yourself by asking for our help and now its time to deliver, gas , fireworks i dont care but step up to the plate and make us proud.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EBass

• Granny

• swampman

• can it be luck?

This post keeps getting better and better....as long as we hear from EBASS soon! I may go out and buy a clay thrower just to try it out. I'm sure McGuyver would have liked to use some of these ideas. Keep em coming!

Oops - Wrong thread tongue.gif:

[This message has been edited by Dr. Bob (edited 08-26-2003).]

CNN News Flash. There was a terrible disturbance last night around 9PM in the St. Louis Park area, specifically EBass's home.

Witnesses says that, "It was a huge flame coming outa the ground. I had to bring my children inside. It was to terrible to watch."

General EBass consulted with the FM Joint Chiefs of Staff on the possible approaches. After gathering the facts and looking in his garage EBass decided that good ol gasoline would be the first and hopefully the final stage of phase one.

A recon mission was under way around dusk. Contracted agent Redneck Rob got up close and personal. He reported that a few straglers are still coming in. The main wave of offence was put back about 45 mins to allow the cover of darkness to be the cloak.

After a few beers went by the staging began. For safety reasons a garden hose and a big bucket of water was in place along with a fire extinguisher.

Redneck Rob took matters into his own hands as EBass was swilling and "wasting time". Rob poured the gas down the hole and poured a lot of it. Then with a paper towel half soaked in gas he flicked his bic and tossed the flaming paper towel towards the enemies dug out position.

(I wish I had a camera, you all would've been SO proud!!)

Flames shot about three feet high and started toasting the general area. Some water was used to not let the fire get out of control. (Which it kinda did for a min)

The flames went on for about 1/2 hour before we put them out and laid the enemines to rest.

Confirmation of sucess hasn't been given out as of yet. EBass was running late to work and didn't check on ground zero. Operation recap will be underway @ 17:30 this evening.

A side note Bill-E-Bazz was there and made sure everything went smooth as he has Paper Wasps at his place in St. Paul. So Shock and Awe #2 maybe underway once the enemies hide out is located.

Thanks for everyone suggestions. I'm pretty sure they were toasted!! Now about the ground contamination. smile.gif

Way to kick some a$$ EBASS!!
Ground contamination could have been minimized with the M-80's. The explosions would have dispersed the contaminated materials and left a less concentrated area. Sounds like a good spot to put a fire pit now. Good to hear the mission was a success!

Way to go Ebass!! We're all proud of you!! Glad to hear you went with good old gas, we'd have all been sorely disapointed to hear any sevin stories. And good job on recruiting the fool, I mean person, to light the gas for you!!! That was the best move you made!!!! Kind of reminds me of the time I hit a cantalope sized rock with my riding lawn mower, sheared the pin and drove the blade up thru the deck. Now my wife won't let me mow the lawn anymore smile.gif Kind of wished I'd have saved that rock and had it bronzed!!

Flame on!!

Was a quick strike and ambush. Went very smoothly as we conquered the ever evil wasp. We had sent spies out before sunset to watch the activities and movements of the evil squadron. It was a very beautiful shock and awe campaign set up by Gen. Ebass. Glad I could be a part of this experience!!

E BASS & PYRRO BAZZ awsome job i knew you wouldnt dissapoint us , to bad you didnt have a camera to show us pics of the battle front but a job well done . thanks for letting us share in this major operation. if you have any other jobs that require our expertice we are all heer for you.

The solution I've used several times for ground wasps is a Raid Bug Bomb. Wait 'til after dark when most have returned to roost. Set off the bomb (water-activated) next to the hole (kinda like a smoke bomb) and cover with a plastic garbage bag to hold in the insecticide. Uncover before first light the next morning. Any stragglers will enter the hive and leave soon after. A little safer, but not as exciting as gasoline.