• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Honda goldwing '78' help!!

can anyone help me w/info on how to take the fuel tank out of my goldwing i just got took on it's rusted bad. Does it come out through the rear wheel area or can i take it out from on top? any help/suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Im a bit confused here ... If your referring to the gas tank .. if its somewhat similar to the early 80's models honda bikes and atv's you should have to do nothing more than take the seat off (usually a release on rear side) and pull the 1 (one) bolt anchoring the tank that is exposed when the seat comes off. The tank should lift up and slide off from there(toward rear). Be sure to close the petcock(shut fuel off) and disconnect the fuel line.

Hope this helps.

on the goldwing the tank is under the seat and kind of fitted through the frame. what would be the "normal" tank is really a false tank w/air filter and tool box, and the sides pop off with wing nuts and hooks.