• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat Repair????

minnesotamusky

I was wondering where to take my Lund boat to get a few scratches and dents repaired? I was told that any auto body shop can repair it. Is this true? Any advice? Thanks.

I took mine to Georges boat repair in East Bethel. Was very happy with the results and time it took to fix

I too took my boat up there for a minor repair and was very happy with the service and results. Being in the insurance industry, I have heard good things about George's. That is where I will take any future repair work as well. Good luck!
Camo

Thanks for the info. I will be calling them this winter to get my boat repaired. Thanks again.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Found a few today. 
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end... Ice roads and ice trails are extending out on Lake of the Woods looking to connect with schools of walleyes and saugers.  Some ice roads are out as far as 24 miles.   The subzero cold snap is good for extending ice into March, but it was tough on the bite.  Once the weather started warming up, so did the bite.   Most anglers report picking through numbers of small fish to catch eaters, slot fish and some true trophy fish over 28 inches. Depths vary depending upon outfitter based on where they are fishing, but as a rule, 32-36 feet has been the norm.  The morning / evening bite for walleyes in shallow water,16 - 19 feet, has been active for some. Jigging a lipless crankbait with vibration and rattles has been working well to catch some fish and also draws other fish into the area you are fishing.  Some fish in more of a neutral mood will slide over and take interest in your deadstick, a live minnow just off of the bottom. As a rule, glow and bright colors during cloudy days, the golds and silvers during sunny days.   A mixed bag for many being reported, including walleyes, saugers, jumbo perch, eelpout (burbot), pike, tullibees and even a few sturgeon and crappies.   On the Rainy River...   The golden hour (beginning and end of the day) continues to be the best on the river for those fishing for walleyes and saugers.  Some good reports this week. Some sturgeon have been iced at night by those hunting dinosaurs.   Ice conditions can vary on the river as there is current, work through a resort or outfitter for safety.   Up at the NW Angle... Resorts up at the Angle are hard at work staying on the walleyes.  As a rule, 24 - 30 feet of water is the norm.   Similar to the south shore, using a noisy, more aggressive lure has been effective, as has a jigging spoon tipped with a piece of minnow.  Work the jigging line in one hole with a deadstick and a plain hook a foot off of the bottom in your second hole.   Many eater walleyes caught this week with a variety of other fish in the mix.  Some anglers fishing the Ontario side for crappies are finding some nice slabs. Driving through Canada to the Angle no longer requires vaccinations or the use of the ArriveCan App. For those looking to access the Angle while avoiding customs, snowmobiling across the lake on the marked trails or utilizing the Lake of the Woods Passenger (bombardier) Service are best options.  Fish houses are out through March 31st, walleye and sauger season through April 14, pike season never closes. 
    • Rick
      Visitors to Minneopa State Park may soon notice fewer trees near the waterfall area of the park. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will remove 20 trees from the area, including 17 ash trees, beginning Feb. 6.Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I can confirm that I have 3-4 bars the entire drive from Cook to The Landing. When I winter park at a cabin near CigarGuy, I get two bars way up on the hill but still through the trees. There is good reception out on the lake but I haven't exactly been riding around and pulling out my phone to check my cell reception.   Depending on where you are, you may have 4 bars or none. I have none still, but that's because I'm on the north side of a hill with tall trees between my cabin and the tower.
    • fishing_the_northland
      ~10" perch and an 8" bluegill
    • gimruis
      Something else to just keep in mind here now too is that the deadline to remove permanent overnight unattended shacks is in exactly one month in the southern 2/3 of the state - March 6.  Plan ahead and don't let your castle get stuck out there beyond the deadline.  The DNR can and will confiscate it on site because I know people who have experienced this.
    • monstermoose78
      I heard Green lake by Princeton has plowed roads and truck and castles out there. I will swing by to check it out. Please check the ice conditions for yourself. There is 4-6 inches if slush ice so take that off your totals as that is not very strong. 
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources invites anglers and others to comment through Wednesday, March 15, on fisheries management plans for several waters in Carlton and St. Louis counties.Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources invites anglers and others to comment through Friday, March 17, on fisheries management plans for several lakes in the Grand Rapids area.Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources invites people interested in fishing, wildlife and outdoor skills to tune in to upcoming webinars that will discuss burbot fishing and bald eagles.Discuss below - to view set the hook here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.