• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Alumacraft

I see Lund has a boat with the dual console.
I SWEAR I seen an Alumacraft with the dual console as well, but i e-mailed them after not seeing one at their site and not finding this option, and all they said was they have the walk through windshield type.
Did they make one with the dual console in some earlier models, or what?
I'm ofcourse looking at the Lunds too, but when I'm ready to buy, I need to know this about the alumacrafts otherwise their out.
The wife said so, HEH!

Have never seen a dual in alumacraft but it could have been a custom job. They do have some nice step trews though if you are a windshield fan. Sure it wasnt a Chrestliner you saw?

Maybe the guy added it himself like you said.
No, it was a Alumacraft, I was driving past him when he was pulling it.
Does Crestliner make a dual model?
I'll I've seen so far are the full windshield maodels, but haven't looked too close yet.
Whats the opinions on the crstliners?
thanks

My parents have an 2000 Alumacraft 1850 Tourney Pro that is a dual counsel. So there are some out there.

Any particular model?
looken for something in the 18' range.
It'll be between the 3 I've mentione so far,
guess whatever i can get the better deal on and the shape its in, EH?
thanks

Dano, I picked up a new Crestliner sportfish 18.5 ft and I love it! It's great on the big water and wider than the 18 ft Lunds I've been in by a decent margin. I looked at the Lunds, Crestliners and the Alumacrafts and came to the conclusion that the Lunds were nice, the Alumacrafts had cheap interiors and obviously I bought what I liked the most. I hope I didn't offend anybody who owns an Alumacraft, just my opinion.

Alumacraft Tournament Pro CS has a single console and as an option you can order another console for the passenger side.

Ya I found out they do have Duals but mostly as a option. The Chrestliners are nice boats but from my experience the Lund is the best riding Aluminum boat because of the new hull desine. Alumacraft and Lund are riveted and Chrestliner welded hull. Rivets are cheaper to repair if you do have some bad luck.
I rode in big waves in a 20' Chrestliner RCL addittion and it was a back breaker. The Alumicraft in the same basic size was nice but the Lund was a dryer ride. It all comes down to personel likes I guess.
You may want to check out G3 boats, they are basically a Alumacraft hull made by Skeeter. Skeeter is the Glass and G3 their Alum. line. Nice boats and a great price with Yamaha backing them. A guy from alumicraft jumped ship to G3 and designd there aluminum boats. The 18.5' split window is a sweat looking boat and at about $16000 with a 100 4 stroke yamaha a good buy. A guy here in Superior bought one for just over $14000 a few years ago.
Hope this helps you.

Thanks for inputs.
Looks like the alumacraft Tourney series is abit deeper inside, than the Crestliner 182 DC.
Looking for opinions from you console type fishing folks.
Whats your opinion on comfort as far as fishing from the drivers seat?
Its seems it would be more comfortable fishing with
the dual console(2 smaller windshileds)
type thean the full windshiled type.
I know what you tiller guys are going to say,HEH, but I have to comprimise with the family too.
Anythings got to be easier than what I have now , bayliner speed boat, I like to be on top of the water, so I sit on top of the backk rest on my lounge seats, which gets pretty uncomfortable after awhile, plus that old beast of a Force moter really isn't something you want to troll with unless pulling cranks baits, otherwise i use my bow mount, and ofcourse you can imagine how crappy the boat control can be when the wind picks up, HEH.

thanks again.

Dano,

I own a Alumacraft {big suprise} I really like it. As far as the cheap interior no offence taken but I beg to differ. If I had to pick the aluminum king I would have to say Lund, but #2 is definitely Alumacraft.
I think Lunds are over priced and if your looking for the most boat for your money I would go with the Alumacraft.

As far as the dual counsel they are nice for your fishing partner {your wife} and they are an option. and as far as fishing from behind it, the only time I do that is if I'm running my kicker {I have it tied into my big motor personal choise} and its not a problum.

Really give the Alumacraft a good look I think you will really happy.

Good Fishing!

I didnt notice much if any difference between the split windshield and a dual counsel. They both take up equal room but the full windshield can be a kite in the wind. I like a single counsel but if I had a large family or young ones I would do a split windshield model. They are great with a top to get out of rain or wind.

I have a Crestliner Sportfish 185 and I have to agree with the split window version. It can act like a small sail when the wind gets up but it's nice to hide behind when that same wind whips up the water. I completely concur with having the attachable bimini top. Yeah raingear works but sitting under the top and trolling or watching the bobbers is alot nicer than suffering with the rain when you want to keep fishing.

I agree with Tour Pro, of course I also own an Alumacraft. smile.gif My boat has a single console which is nice for the "room" when fishing. I also agree with other posts which mention the positive points of tops for protection, especially with a family. There's been times I would have loved to have a top on, many times! When trolling with my kicker I use the main motor as a rudder. Without a linkage from my kicker to the main motor, once I get my speed right the main works pretty good for a steering rudder without it being on. On rough or windy days I steer with the kicker. can it be luck?

Obviousley the full winshield gives the best protection, but on the dual console type, how much protection do those small winshields give when your flying across the lake?

The pedestal seats , are they adjustable up and down?

Does one really need a kicker, if they havea 4 stroke, or is it just commen sense for the gas usage?
Reason I ask, i have read some say that you can get the big 4 strokes idling downpretty good for slow trolling.
If in fact that is true, than is it hard on the moter, does it suck alot of gas,
and the reason I ask THAT, is because I'm too use to useing my old 85 force, smoky stinky, gas hog, loading up and dying when trying to troll, and gumming up the plugs, HEH!

Dano, I have a single console on my boat. The windshield is VERY effective protecting you while driving. I smoke cigs, and I can light one up while cruising around if I tuck up close to the windshield. IMO, the driver is the only one that NEEDS a windshield, passengers can "cover up" or turn away from the wind. Still nice for them though, your wife (assumeing) will thank you also. As far as pedestal seats, on my boat the seats are adjustable up or down. The seat has a smaller ID aluminum tube which slides in a larger OD tube which sets in the floor mount. The OD tube has a 1/2 round 3/8"-1/2"(?) "pin" that is adjustable by screwing it open or close. This "pin" clamps around the ID tube. Kicker motors are very nice, but not neccesarily needed. The 4 strokes idle down real nice and depending how big your boat is you may not need one. Decisions, decisions, lucky you! Buying a new boat can be very fun and frustrating! Make sure you are completely happy with your choice of boat, take into consideration all the applications you expect from the boat. Good Luck with your hunting! Prices are nuts aren't they? can it be luck?

Looks like Alumacraft quit the dual console in 2003, because they moved teh rod storage and livewell there, so theres no room for it.

thats O.K., will just have to wait to find a 2002 model, or something a slight bit older.

Dano, They don't make them anymore? That's why I couldn't find any 2 console Alumacrafts advertised ! You'll probably save a little cash and still get a nice boat. I made rod holders for my boat. I took some 1x wood and drilled holes in it, then adhered some marine carpet to it, then mounted it on the floor in the back of my boat. I then mounted a foam/plastic rod holder horizontaly above it. The holes in the floor plate lines up with the rod holder. The only drawback I have found is that the rods can get in the way and they also "bounce" around a lot in rough weather.