• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Recent weather change and the bite

huskminn

Heading up Friday PM and I am wondering how the recent cool front and now high pressure has affected things on Mille Lacs.

I know things have slowed a little over the last couple of weeks, but I'm looking for any noticeable trends that have developed this week.

Also interested in what the smallies have been doing!

Thanks!

From here on out weather's not going to be your enemy. Bait fish is. If you havent already, try pulling crankbaits or floating raps on bottom bouncers on the gravel or 3 ways on the mud. Concentrate on the deep edges during the day. Dont be afraid to pull them fast. Right know those fish are full of spring of the year bait or they maybe not feeding at all. The key is to pull something past them they havent seen at a speed where they have little time to choose if they want it or not. When fish are negitive like they are now, getting them to bite on instinct can be the ticket. You can also cover lots of water when fish are not schooled up like they are. Good luck...

The bite is still good. Live bait rigs are still producing plenty of fish on the flats. Try spinners and crawlers as well. Also, if you get enough wind the shallows are loaded with fish and you can do pretty good with a slip bobber and leech. You can also try trolling the reefs with Shad Raps, I caught quite a few on Tuesday doing both.

Super Ron

------------------
Ron Anlauf's Guide Service http://fishingminnesota.com/ranlauf/ Phone: 320-396-2133

My brother has been pulling crankbaits. Set 'em in the rod holder and off ya go. He's been back for about four weekends straight and every time he says he hit 'em big time. Last weekend was several 22-28 inchers. I went for 3 hours two weeks ago he was keeping us out in the deeper stuff, on the edge away from the groups.

What happens to the perch during the summer? I never hear of anyone reporting on them . tackle tom

Hey guys, thanks for the input.....sounds like all the elements are there and lord knows I've got the tackle to try all the presentations.

I don't want the wind to keep us off the lake, but then again, I do like that shallow water bite!

Thanks again.