• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to go for the 4th?

Okay, so for the 4th of July I was going to go to Orlando, but for various reasons it's not going to work out.

Now, I have my choice of basically anywhere in MN or ND - it's a long weekend. I live in Fargo, so I'm roughly located in the middle of the two states.

The possibilities I have considered so far are:

-Otterail Lake (MN)
-Mille Lacs (MN)
-Devils Lake (ND)
-Lake Sakawea (ND)
-Lake of the Woods (MN)

Obviously I am fishing for walleye and I'd like to do well (of course! DUH!)

Any thoughts on which lake you'd pick if you had a long weekend and your choice? Anyone?

I'm also open to others, but these are the obvious choices within roughly a 3 hour drive.

Well, I'm biased toward the Ottertail area since I live there. Many, many lakes to choose from if the wind starts to blow on the big water. Lots of lakes to chase panfish if there are young children along for the trip. Not nearly congested as some of the other areas you mention.

You really can't go wrong with any of the areas that you listed. This is a great state to vacation in for sure.

You might consider Duluth. They have a really nice fireworks display every year right down on the waterfront too.

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll have to go with Duluth too. Area lakes are good for walleyes. Superior will be prime on this end at that time. Bring your own boat or get out on a charter.
They have a great fireworks display and canal park has the shopping and eats. I like takin the kids to Bonanzas to play and then walk over to Famous Dave's For the Fest for Two. Take the wife and kids to park point and lay in the sun and swim. We have the Great lakes aquarium and there will be free blues concerts at Bay Front. You'll have to sit on the canal and watch a few ships come in then visit the Great Lakes Museum. A cruise along SkyLine Drive overlooks the city and you can walk up Inger Tower. Theres also a few golf courses id your into that.

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 06-17-2003).]

Waubay Lake SD, This lake is having results similar to that of mille lacs last summer, people are catching hundreds of fish a day, also other lake in area like enemy swim are very good. Good Luck

ST....I agree with you on all points. For those who have not done Duluth, they have not done squat. We have a cabin north of Two Harbors and on every trip we will take time to go to Duluth to try something new.Done that for years and never get it all done. And that Enger Park....awesome.

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!

You can go to Otter Tail anytime if you live within an hour or so of it. If you have a family this might be the best option you listed though. Shopping, good fishing for everything and everyone.

You can't beat Lake of the Woods, near Warroad, this time of the year when eyes go ballistic on the reefs. I would love to make it up there again this July. Simply incredible fishing!

Good luck finding a place to vacation in such short notice!!

Sakakawea hands down... even more so than Canada... I wish it was only a 3 hour drive...

shocked.gif

Wally

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

For me it would be Lake Sakawea. It usually really starts cranking out the yeys that time of year.