• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hawaii ( Big Island in Kona)

I know this may seem odd to ask in this site but has anyone ever fished the Big Island and if so how do you like it. Any tips for Charters or Guides. My wife and I are going in September and want to go out for a half day on a charter.

rapala, I've fished there a few times, but it was in the early nineties when I was stationed in Pearl so I can't quite recall any of the charter's names. It was a lot of fun, though. There are some mighty big rays that swim those waters, too. Straight out from Kona is a very long dock that you can scuba off of at night and very high wattage lights are shined down into the water so you can see the rays. Unfreakinbelievable! Bring extra shorts because they'll scare the poop out of you. I highly recommend it...LOL!! Good luck and let us know how you do.

Mark

Rapala,

I've been going to Kona for years.

I've got the contact information that may help you and some scoop on the Charters.

Also what gear to pack for shore fishing if you're interested. It's amazing the fight you get out of any size Saltwater fish--tons of fun!

email me at [email protected] and we can chat.

------------------
Chells