• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Fishing/camping in other states--licensing??

Fishgirl is going on vacation.
Fishgirl likes to drive many miles through many states, stopping wherever.
Fishgirl sometimes finds cool campspots in the middle of nowhere near a stream.
Fishgirl wants to fish, but Fishgirl has only a MN license.
Fishgirl cannot reliably predict what state and what time of day/day of week the urge/opportunity may come.

--What can Fishgirl do?

Thanks!!!!

SpikeRoberts

Fishgirl,
I've had the opportunity to take several trips like the one you desribe -- at one point I was on the road for four months. Much like Minnesota, most states offer temporary licenses that can serve your purposes. Depending on the state, licenses are usually good from 24-72 hours and can be purchased for less than $10-15 in most states. Have fun and send us some reports from the road smile.gif

I envy you fishgirl.To jsut hit the open road and go where ever you feel like that day.True freedom!I have had the opportunity to that kind of thing when I was much younger(not that I am all that old now) and what fun it was.Have a great time!

Hey fishgirl, are ya single? ;D

But seriously, have fun. I know that Montana offers temporary licenses rather cheaply -- I did that a couple of summers ago (which also led to me refusing to believe that "trout" exist...).

DARK30

Fishgirl bring money cool.gif

Fishgirl bring a gun shocked.gif

Fishgirl be ok wink.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

well, if you come to FL, send an email to let me know you are in the area and after you buy a temporary license i'll introduce you to some GREAT bass fishing.

I've always thought a forum like this could help us wandering fisherpersons find a local who'd enjoy teaching us the local waters. I'll be in Detroit Lakes and Ely areas this summer. Hooking up with guides to show me around but most people don't want to spend that kind of money.

This sounds great--but what sorts of places sell these sorts of licenses? I ask because again, I may stop in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday, and there may not be a store nearby and all...makes it sort of tough.

Thanks!

SpikeRoberts

As much as I hate myself for uttering this word: Walmarts often have sporting goods departments that sell licenses.

OOOOOooooooo.....yesssssss....WalMart!!!
Just gets me all excited hearing that word!!
grin.gif

huskminn

Sounds kinda like you've never been on one of these willy-nilly fishing road trips before. smile.gif

Small towns are shut down on Sundays. Stop at the local corner convenience store and ask where a person can get a fishing license.

Here's a trip for you: drive down 169 to I-90. Go west, past the corn and bean fields until you hit the Missouri River. Stop and fish. Drive west farther. Pull off the interstate and drive down a gravel road. Pull into a ranch house and stop and ask if they have any bass dams on their land. Ask permission. Fish.

Drive west to the Black Hills and fish for trout and/or bass.

Drive north to 212 and turn right. Go to ranch house. Repeat. Go to Missouri River. Repeat. Go to the Glacial Lakes Region and fish again.

Drive home.

That should take you 7-10 days if you dawdle...6 if you don't.

Good luck and take pictures.

------------------
Eastward I go only by force; westward I go free.
H.D. Thoreau