• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So who went shoping for raingear today?

I may have caught the biggest largemouth I'll get this year -- other than that, pretty much a wet, cold, slow outing. The season has begun.

Went to the Mississippi just below the St Cloud dam and caught a lot of catfish, a few smallmouth, and 2 little walleyes. It was good to get out though.

Fished the St. Louis river, caught 1 eating size walleye. Wind off the lake, temp in low 40's, and light rain. Most boats I saw caught nothing, a very small percentage did well. It felt great to get out, and by 4:00 pm my wet boat was put away. Yes, it was a good day to get rain gear.

It was a wonderful day no rain and low variable winds and FISH! My son (just moved back from the State Washington) and I decided to try Buffalo Bay, LOW, we hunted all over until we found some nice male walleye in 5 1/2' in the rocks, ended up with 6, 16" up to 21", caught them on a minnow and chartreuse fuzzy grub jig.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Fished out of Ely area. We had a party of 9. Kept 54 2-3 lb.walleye's and released at least that many. Some big northern's mixed in and a 4.5 lb. Samllmouth released. If that wasnt enough I released a 32 in. walleye during sat. night in the gail winds. Also my nephew relaeased a 30in. a half hout later.
st30in.jpg
st32in.jpg

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 05-16-2002).]