• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Help with customizing a boat

RangerDog

I just picked up a 89 16' Crestliner boat and it only has a floor and a counsel. I'm looking for ideas for storage, carpet, livewells, seats, materials, etc... or does anyone know of a site with ideas? Thanks for the help!!

Build raised platforms on the bow and the stearn, like a Bass boat. That will give you all the storage you should need.
Just build a stick frame, like a house and then make a floor and side. Then make doors foor the floor, or you can buy pre-fab ones, carpet is good but will cost you some money for the good stuff wich will last, or you could go cheap with indoor outdoor from Menards.
For wood use 2X2 treated lumber for the framesand at least 1/2 inch treated plywwod for the deck, 3/4 might make the boat too heavy, remember to build some sort of support on the middle of the deck so it won't break when youre standing on it.
Look at some boats for ideas for storage areas, rod lockers, and stuff like that.
There is a place out in Stillwater that will do this type of work for you if you want to spend more money, I don't remember the name off hand but they do excelent work.