• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

In desperate need of GPS Module

Alright guys, this is one of things that only the people at FM can help out with. I just bought a used LMS 350a for REALLY cheap. Everyhthing works great and is in wonderful condition. This is a stab in the dark, but I NEED TO FIND THE LGC 1 GPS MODULE. I know they are rare and discontinued. If you have any idea where I can find one, PLEASE let me know. If you currently own one, I'll make an offer you won't be able to refuse. The only one I found so far was on ebay, and its gonna be pricy by the end of the aution. And yes, I am begging.

[This message has been edited by Bigguns3 (edited 03-29-2002).]

OK Now I'M REALLY CONFUSED! I have been calling Lowrance and everybody else who sells The equipment and I was told that unless you have a software version above the 4.7, you will not be able to use the LGC 12, What version do you have? IF what you say just happens to be true it would save me a lot of trouble. One lady at Lowrance said the unit could be upgraded for around 45 bucks and another guy said they would have to take out the mother board and replace it which would cost almost 300 bills. I'm losing my hair at the age of 19. I need someone who knows the truth.

Yes you do need the current software upgrade if you not at 4.7. Power the unit up and it should say the current version. What i would recommend doing is taking the unit to Fish-electrioncs in mpls. For $100 and your unit, you get a brand new unit with the upgrade included. They also sell the LGC-12 for 249.99 new. Which is cheap. If you want their #, e-mail me. The owner is name Doug. Ive been doing business there for years.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

So basically its a trade in costing 100 bucks. And to get what I want it would cost close to 400 Bucks, for the LGC 12 and an upgrade. Correct? And what do you mean "Brand new unit"? Thanks for helping me out here. Its VERY much appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Bigguns3 (edited 03-29-2002).]

BG, If your unit is indeed a 350 (A) it should be able to use the 12ch. I sent in my 350 (no a) and when returned, I opened the box it was a 350a, with a note that the upgrade had been installed.."brand new unit"

[This message has been edited by minneman (edited 03-29-2002).]

Yes, if its a 350a check the version when you power it up. Or take it to a lowrance dealer in St.Cloud and have them hook up the LGC-12 before you buy. My upgrade was $100 because my old unit of 8 years had a short. So you may get it for less through Lowrance like MM suggested.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

MY current version is 3.6. And yes it is a 350a. But the software version depends on the year it was made.(I Think?) The only reason that an ugrade would be necessary would be so that I could run a 12 channel Receiver (LGC 12) Right? I would like to talk to doug and see what he recommends doing in my situation. Maybe I could have him do the upgrade. You guys think there is much of a difference between the LGC 1 and the LGC 12? other than speed of tracking satelites?

D man,

I gave Doug a jingle, he said that an upgrade now a days would cost about two hundred bucks. Good thing I still got my handheld.

No I didn't get the either of the two that were on ebay. One was a 12 channel that went for 171. AND THE ONE I WAS BIDDING ON WENT FOR 330! Somebody wanted it bad.