• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Flick

Went out on Sunday. From 8 in the morning until 9:45 in the evening with a break for lunch, 5 of us caught 18 fish. 2-27.5" and
1-24", about 6 21", 6 14-15", and 2 in the slot. It was really slow, caught 3 fish on the sand in about 3 hours. Caught the 24&27.5 in 27ft. of water w/leeches. Caught all but 7 of the fish bobber fishing in the evening from 6:30-9:45. That's also when we caught the other big one. We fished in the Agate Bay area. Should have gone to the flats.

Flick, did you stay at Agate bay resort? I was there Friday till Monday , fished mainly the agate reef area with a few trips to the sand flats on the north side.If so, what unit or site were you in?
Thanks, Benny

Benny-We just went up for the day but when we do stay over night we stay in a friends fish house which is across the road. Did you do any good at the sand? When we were there is was real slow.

The sand was slow for us also, but we caught one 23in, and about 4 or so 14in. Walleyes. I did see a few people getting larger fish, but no one exept the 1900 lund pro v with three women and a dark haired youner fella cacthing small walleye's and perch left and right. Lot's of giggling ,laughing and the such there. Glad to see folk s having fun.We mainly fished the reef out front with bobbers as that seemed to be the best presentation out there.I booked them for next memorial weekend also, maybe we will come across each other there some time?I was looking for a fish house for sale , or a seasonal lot at one of the resorts up there. We found a few but have not called any yet.
Thanks, Benny

[This message has been edited by Benny (edited 05-30-2001).]

Benny, Agate Bay is one of the nicest resorts on the east side in my opinon. I've been going there for about 10 years and this is the 3rd year with a fishhouse there. If your looking for fishhouse talk to Dean and tell him what your looking for and how much you want to spend. He can tell you about pretty much every house up there. We bought ours directly from him for the cost of back rent someone had'nt paid in 3 years kind of a forecloser I guess. We couldn't have bought the materials for what we paid for it and with alittle work we have one heck of a nice place. He may have others like it or I'm sure other resorts have some that they'd like to get rid of to recoup some losses. good luck, MNgoose

Benny, MNgoose said it all. I also have a house at Agate Bay and I would have to say it is one of the nicest and most peaceful resorts on the lake. The prices are reasonable too. I bought my house from Dean three years ago and I love it. There was a really nice house that sold there on opener for twenty-five hundred and there are plenty more out there. With the new slot on the lake I'm sure there will be more up for sale. I love catching those Jumbo perch in the winter though. Good Luck and let me know what you do.

Thanks for the great info, I will be giving Dean a call This weekend. I have to agree with it being a quiet and peaseful resort, exept for the night ban thim of year. All those boats comming in at on time(9:59PM) sure made for some close calls in the fistacufs area. I wish Dean had more dock space, I had to leave the reef at 8:45 just to get the last of two open docks that weekend. I did get kind of mad at this on idiot with his big new pro v who putted into the middle of the marina and sat there trying to figure out which dock he was going to take(there were several open at that time). I wanted to trailor my boat but this guy decided to put it in reverse and back up while I was trying to get around him to get to the trailor.Well enough negative complaining, it is a great place and I will be there next year for sure.
Thanks, Benny