• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Perch??

waterfowler

I want to try and target some of those jumbos I caught this winter ice fishing. Can anyone help me find these fish in the spring and what type of rigging should I be doing to entice a few into the live well???

Thanks!!

Go -right now- they're biting. Seriously, i did well last year right after ice out right in isle bay. Just motor out of the channel at the isle public access and go to the right. There is a reed island with depths outside of the reeds of 6-8 feet and rocks in the reeds that is a good place to start.

Hey mrmillelacs, would that island you are referring to be Pete Island? I am looking on my fishing hot spots map, and it is the only one I see.

Thanks for the info. I wish I could be there this weekend. I have to work so I can have opener off. Does anyone use swedish pimples in the summer for perch?? I've had great success on eyes veritcal jigging deep water with spoons, but never thought of trying the pimple in the summer for perch.