• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Temps

What is the lake temp up on Mille Lacs? And what is the temp prediction for the opener? Will the walleye still be spawning?

Thaks, TJ.

The water temp is cold. I actually don't know but the ice is just going out. By opener most, of the fish will probably be done spawning and usually are, even with late ice-outs. This should give us a good sand bite for a change.

Super Ron

------------------
Ron Anlauf's Guide Service http://fishingminnesota.com/ranlauf/ Phone: 320-396-2133

i JUST READ AN ARTICLE IN WALLEYE-INSIDER THAT STATED THAT THE MALE WALLEYE WILL GO TO THE SPAWNING GROUNDS WHEN THE WATER TEMP IS 40-45 DEGREES. THE FEMALES THEN SPEND ONLY 1-2 DAYS DEPOSITING EGGS BUT THEY MALES GENERALLY SPEND 14-21 DAYS ON THE BEDS PREPARING AND FERTILIZING. THE ARTICLE DIDNT SPECIFY THAT THIS HAPPENDS ON MILLE LACS SPECIFICALLY BUT WAS REFERING TO THE PROCESS IN GENERAL..

When I gathered the fish reports this week, I asked what the water temps were at each resort. Only a few had boats in the water with thermometers, but the average temp as of Monday was around 43 degrees.

Watch in the weekly Mille Lacs fish report for lake temps. I will be including that info every week. The pike and suckers are almost done spawning and the crappies are just starting to bite. This means the temp is almost to the 48 degree mark in some areas.