• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

jigs and plastic for mille lacs walleyes

Does traditional jiggin work on lake mille lacs? I want to try some plastics this year for walleye. What about a jig and minnow combo? Thanks

It works everywhere else, but we really don't do it on Mille Lacs. I keep telling myself to try it but I don't, because I know a rig will work! The plastics I've used on Mille lacs have been the Berkley Power Crawler on a spinner harness and have done exceptionally well with it, especially when the perch are going nuts. We also use a jig and plastic trailer for smallies when we're working the shallow rocks and are catching quite a few walleyes at the same time.

------------------
Ron Anlauf's Guide Service http://fishingminnesota.com/ranlauf/ Phone: 320-396-2133