• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gravel Bars

Hey super Ron, When pulling spinners during the day on top of gravel bars on mille lacs i usually throw out a marker and come back to a spot after i have hooked a fish. But i notice that i dont mark any fish or i rarely pick up anymore. Is this because most fish on top of these bars are cruzing? Also do you have any tips on fine tuning a x-85 and lms-350a to show more defined archs i usually only show clusters. Thanks

When the fish are really going, you'll find all kinds of biters on top. The sinlges you're catching are the few that decide to move up. If you're finding one here and one there, try moving off the gravel out, over the silt. I usually never drop a marker on the gavel because the spots aren't that specific. Instead I'll enter a waypoint into my gps, which will get me back close enough if there is a school of fish there. Actually my new Raymarine 425 will get me to within nine feet! To adjust your unit, get out of auto and go to manual. Set the sensitivity up until you get too much clutter and then back it off a notch. The clusters you seeing might very well be little groups of perch.

Super Ron

------------------
Ron Anlauf's Guide Service http://fishingminnesota.com/ranlauf/ Phone: 320-396-2133