• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need help for Mille Lacs fishing trip

andy j

My dad and I will be fishing Mille lacs in late May. We are strictly catch and release and will be targeting pike, and maybe walleye and small/bass. I heard that the pike and bass fishing is better later in the summer, is this true and if it is what do think would be some good places and presentations for late May. Will the walleyes be shallow at this time? Any info would help a lot. Thanks AJ

Late May is a time of the year when walleyes start showing up in deeper water, although you can still usually catch some shallow, especially early in the morning or just before dark. You'll have to check the dates on when you'll be here and when the bass season opens. Look for areas with plenty of shallow rock to hold smallies. There will be plenty of pike in all of the weedy bays.

Super Ron

------------------
Ron Anlauf's Guide Service http://fishingminnesota.com/ranlauf/ Phone: 320-396-2133