• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Houston, we have a problem......

K guys,
Clearwater could be a BIG problem for the tourney. There is absolutely NO parking, how we missed this when we set this up is beyond me.
There is NO WAY we will get all 12 (minus Terry) rigs a parking spot at that time on that weekend.
Any ideas?
I'm going to contact everyone either tonight or tomorrow with this idea-
There are a number of lakes in the area, like within the same distance from the park as is Clearwater. Should we look into moving it to another nearby lake? Otherwise we will all need to get there by 5 am before the big bass boys get there just to get a spot to park.
Whadya think?

Just a thought....But for last minute...we could probably do it on Rush...I would have to OK it with Tracy...But everyone can camp right there..and we have plenty of room for tents....Let me know

Cory

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

I was acctually thinking that, but how about everyones reservations at the park and elsewhere? Don't want everyone to be out their deposits. Good idea though.

Fishing some of the metro lakes I am used to this problem.Is there any parking near by one of the launches?On the road down a ways or a parking lot?Maybee we will have to shuttle guys back to the site after launching the boats.Its a hassle yes, but could work.
Other wise I am up for a hot tub party at Cory's! smile.gif

What about just holding it on the lake that the park is on? Don't have my map in front of me at the moment, but I seem to recall it being a fairly good sized lake.

Or we just hold it on Rush. People have already spent their deposits for the camping, but it's not like it will cost them anything more to stay on Rush. They had already planned on spending that $ to camp
------------------
Paul
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 07-29-2002).]

I'm going to try to get down there again tomorrow night to check it out one more time. There is suposedly a 25 vehicle access on Lake Augusta, which is connected to Clearwater via a short channel.
If I remember right, there is also a park on one of the bays. We could launch at an access and then have one guy drive the truck and one guy drive the boat to the park and we could just make that out HQ. Kinda a pain, and unless you know where the park is it might be difficult to find.
I'll take a drive down there and make sure, then we can decide.
I like the Rush Lake idea, although I think teams such as BFJ, who usually stay in a hotel, might have a problem with it.
There are TONS of lakes really close that we could move to as a last resort- Sugar (a great muskie lake), Cedar, Twin/Sylvia.
But let me check it out first and we'll go from there.

There are about 12-15 spots at the access near otter lake and 18 at the access near the clearwater river. The access on Augusta is non-existant. Another big problem is that there is no parking anywhere if we had to shuttle. Also, there is no place to meet or have a weigh-in. Checked Sugar lake, about 10 trailer spots between 2 accesses.
I'm thinking we should opt for moving it to Rush.
Input? Ideas?

I am up for Rush Lake as long as Tracy, I mean Cory is going to give a little fishing seminar. No to be serious yes lets do it on Rush it should be a blast!! We can meet Cory's wife Paul!

Dennis, are we pre-fishing Rush this weekend then?

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 07-30-2002).]

Ohhhhhhh Boy!

I better ask Tracy! LOL I am sure it will be fine! We can come up with plenty of dock space, otherwise we have a good beaching area out front, my house is only 1/4 mile from the access, and parking of the trailers at my place won't be a problem! I will give you a defenite answer today!
One request....Is that everyone help me sheetrock after fishing Saturday! LOL
Cory

------------------

Um.....Paul.....I hate to tell you this.....But there are no muskies in Rush...What we caught this weekend was a sturgeon. In fact all of the walleyes, panfish, Bass and pike died off this past week! LOL....I don't want any locals getting mad at me!

------------------

Ok....I talked to Paul's wife and she said that it's no problem!! She is looking forward to meeting all of you! (Boy, is she blonde!) Let me know if this is the plan!

Cory

------------------

So I can cancel my reservation at Schroeder for certain?

Just want to be sure before I call.

Hey Everyone!

Ok....The closest motel to Rush Lake is in Rock Creek which is the next exit north of the Rush City Exit on 35. It is called the Chalet..It is connected to a bar and grill if you need any late night libations. The phone number is (320)629-2559. There are two other motels in Pine City..If you would like the phone numbers I can get them!

Directions to my place are as follows Hwy 35 north to The Rush City exit head West follow the lake around until you get to County Road 2, turn left, go to county road 4 turn left, take County road 4 to the boat landing. Launch your boat. I live on the next road south of the boat landing! You can't miss it..I have a little garage under construction!
From Hwy 65 go north of Cambridge to to county Road 6 (Big Green sign saying Rush City 12 miles) Head East until the speed limit drops to 40mph than turn Left on county road 4 (Right at the Rush Point Store) take 4 until you get to the boatlanding, than follow the same directions! I will also put up Home For Sale Arrows with our name on it so that we will be easy to find!

From the lake you will head out from the boat landing to the south I am maybe a 1/2 mile down the lake on the right hand side! Look for the Fishing MN banner! Otherwise our number at home is 952-451-6036 if you get turned around!
Remember to bring your cords for the chargers and we have plenty of room for trailers and camping!
Any other questions let me know!

Cory Frantzick

------------------

Let's do Rush then. Gotta give Cory and Paul a shot at winning at least one event!! grin.gif
Cory, We will need detailed directions to your place by road and by water.
I take it there will be plenty of camping and boat room at your place. We will also need the name and phone number of the closest hotel to your place so I can get it to BFJ. Will there also be room to park trailers and trucks?
I will be getting this change notice to everyone hopefully by tomorrow night at the latest, so I will need all the info from you ASAP Cory.

Well, I feel bad for those that have done some prefishing already. But, Rush sounds like a good time!!! I have a few questions for Tracy.

Accordig to the map there is an East & West Rush lake, which are we staying on?

What type of fishing is the lake known for?

Are there Bass in the lake?

Someone mentioned Muskie in an earlier post, are there Muskie in the lake?

Does PWaldo Frantzik have room in his bedroom or do we have to bring a tent?

Just a few questions so I know what we are getting into.ScottS

Rush sounds good. But I just had a killer day prefishing Clearwater yesterday......as many 6-7 inch gills and small bass as you would ever want, but hardly anything of decent size. Oh, the killer part, it was 92 degrees, no wind, sunny skies, and I didn't bring any beer!!!

Rush would be a better lake because as Gull mentioned, there is NO parking or good beaching areas on Clearwater.

I will let BFJ know of the change. He no longer has e-mail or internet access. If anyone needs him, they can post a message to me or just send me an e-mail at [email protected].

See everyone at Rush.

Dean Thorn (Opie)

Here's a little bit of info about Rush

1. We will be staying on West Rush. There's a channel that connects East and West together, so you will be able to fish both.

2. There is a bar and restaurant on the lake.

3. All species of fish are present including both bass and a legal size population of Muskie (Cory got a 49 incher the other night)

4. Scott BRING YOUR OWN TENT

5. Good Lake Maps are available just down the road at the Rush Point Store. I will also run off some copies off all the info I have on stocking and other lake statistics.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Holy Crap! I am gone for one day and this? You guys are really changing (or should I say "changed") things here.

If it weren't for a darn wedding in Southern MN on the Friday B-4, my life would be so much easier for this tourney! Clearwater was just too perfect for my plans....

Is this the Rush lake in Eastern MN by the WI border?

Clueless - -

Clueless,

Yes it is on the Eastern side of Minnesota...It really is an easy trip from Bemidji to Rush....

Cory Frantzick

------------------

I put in 2 days there myself, after the first day I realized we would be having a problem as far as parking and beaching goes.
I also fished mid-week and even then there was limited parking. There is obviously a problem with parking since almost all roads near the accesses have no parking signs for about a mile in each direction as well as signs in peoples yards about no parking.
From now on we need to make sure before we pick a lake that there is ample parking and beaching areas.
I will call everyone tonight (after 8pm)to make sure everyone knows of the change. The only problem I see is that Bob O is gone on vacation until just before the event. I'll try to leave a message and email him too.
Rush is a good lake, only fished it once a few years ago, but it has a little of everything.
See ya there

Maybe Andy has a way to get a hold of him,...Andy can you help Tom out in getting a hold of Bob?

Well,
I have gotten a hold of everyone but Grabs/Fishhead, Scott and Adam, Paul and Cory, and Team Chuck (I figured you guys already knew).
Any questions, contact me.
T

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

Hey guys - maybe you can help me out a little...

I would like to hit a lake or two on the way back up to Bemidji with my partner from NE. Looking on making a little trip out of it spending a night at each lake.

I would love to hit Mille Lacs, but if the winds blowing - I would like to go elsewhere.

What lakes would you suggest - Whitefish - Gull - Pokegama (Grand Rapids). Pretty much any lake between Rush and Bemidji within a reasonable travel distance. Would like muskie - and needs to have a campground - obvoiusly. Any help would be great.

I leave Friday for a cat and carp fishin expedition back in good ol' Nebraska. So let me know soon!

Se ya all on Rush!!

Clueless - -

Even if the winds are howling, you can still find a spot to fish on Mille Lacs. The muskie are found mainly within 300 yards of shore on the main lake and there are plenty of bays where you can get out of the wind.
Pokegama would be a good choice as would Deer Lake (one where we should hold a tourney).
Good luck man!

Looking forward to Rush, but a little concerned about staying at the GAF presidents headquarters grin.gif Are any of you going to be heading up there to prefish this weekend? My outlaws are in town so I may be in need of a fishing break!

http://www.athomeatcorysonthelake.com

Capt'n