• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LETS Big Pine Event

Looking to get some kind of head count, i.e. commitment from anyone that is interested in staying in a cabin or condo for this event.

Okay,
I just got done talking with Mike at Golden Eagle on Big Pine. The Cabins and Condos that they have are rented by the week. As late in the season as we are going he normally rents them out for a 3 day minimum. Because of the size of our group he is willing to go only 2 days but he needs to charge a little more because of the cost involved in turning them over to be used again. He is a really nice guy and seems more than interested in accomodating us.

Here's the bottom line deal.

Whether camping or staying indoors everyone will have dockage on Big Pine. He has a very nice access that we can launch on and space down by the docks for the weigh-in.

If you want to stay in one of the cabins it will be $18 per night per person. There will be no other charges. Anyone that wants to can also reserve a campsite and still have full use of all the facilies. Again this is included in your campground fee.

Me personally, I think I'll be checking into one of the cabins. When we stayed at Leech last year it was like $25 a person to camp for the two days. I think I will pony up $11 more and do it in style

What do you guys think? Please respond so that I can let him know what we need

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Sounds like a good deal to me. Let us know the info as to what we should do for reservations.

Clueless - -

For $18 per guy per nite, I would put us into a cabin. Count Dan P. and Eric S. in the reservation total. Be sure to let us know if you need us to do anything more (reservations, deposit, etc.). Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to everyone on this. After many phone calls, e-mails etc. I was not able to get us into Golden Eagle. Things just didn't work out.

Thanks to Jungle Shores Resort on Big Pine we have a total of 3 cabins locked up for that weekend. The five teams that replied to my original message:

Gullguide/Toad
Fishhead/Grabs
Dan P/Eric S
BFJ/MH
Clueless and Friends

are all taken care of. Two teams to a cabin.

Could someone from each team send me a check for $25. This is to cover the deposit and will go towards the cost of the cabin. Total cost worked out to $22 per man/per night. This allowed us to ensure that everyone was assured of a bed, not the floor grin.gif

I have attached a link to the address and phone number.

http://www.perham.com/lodginglake.asp

Under Business, click lodging and resorts, search by lake Big Pine

Paul Waldowski
2103 Shale Lane
Eagan, Mn. 55122

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 05-03-2002).]

So, which location will be tournament
headquarters?
I'm already booked at Goldend Eagle.

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
aceguideservice.com

Guideman,

There are not that far apart, so I don't think it really matters. I can tell you that Golden Eagle hasn't exactly bent over backwards to make us feel welcome. Not sure how he's going to feel about doing a weigh-in there if only half of the group is staying there. He told me to call him a few weeks before we get up there and "we'll see how things stand then."

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Paul, just for the record, my partner and I are not needing lodging for Big Pine. We'll commute or camp. Sounds like there's too many issues with the resort owners smile.gif

PWaldo123...Are the cabins set up for Friday & Saturday night???..I'm looking forward to meeting you and sampling your cooking skills...If we're there Friday nite I'll treat you to a Tourny Speciality!! See ya later!!

BFJ,

Thanks, Guess I never really posted that, but yes the cabins are set up for Friday and Saturday night. Hmmmm!! A tourney special huhh!!! Some guys will try anything to get me off my game grin.gif

------------------
Paul
[email protected]