• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2003 aerial photos, you want some?

Mark Christianson

biglake, you're right I went and checked the 'trash' on her email and found one, she must have thought it was junkmail! Thanks!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Christianson

• BLACKJACK

• LundExplorer

• Tour. Pro 175

I work for the state with the agency that was responsible for making these available. They are very big files, but here they are:
http://www.lmic.state.mn.us/chouse/naip03mrsid.html

To view them, check out the link below. I use GIS software, so I'm not sure how well the free viewers work. Enjoy!

http://www.lmic.state.mn.us/chouse/mrsid_help.html

So haaaaaaaaaaad

Way to wreck my topic!!!!

• 1 month later...

So who all got this to work, and do you like it or what?

I got several emails back with some positive feedback.

(Also just bumping it to the top so others that missed it, get their chance)

I love it. What a great program. I downloaded Ottertail County, and I cannot belive the image quality.

Thank you for making this available to us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ya know what is cool about these photos?

I can see the canopy on our boat lift on Ely Island on vermilion. By far these are the best aerial photos I have seen online yet.

Cool!

For some reason i cant view any of these.
I downloaded the lizard imagry thing and downloaded a couple counties and all they are, are document files and text files.

can someone help me out please?

thank you

beaverlakeman,

The file you download is a zip file, which extracts out into several files. The one you want to open is the file with the .sid file extension. The file icon is a cross-hair on a blue background.

If you have the lizardtech software installed correctly (it is a browser plugin, I am using internet explorer 6.0) all you should need to do is double click on the .sid file.

I just wanted to mention that these pics are pretty recent - at least my county (Dodge) was "shot" sometime last summer between mid-July and fall.

I know this, 'cause I found my place, and it shows my new pole shed, which was completed the 3rd week of July last summer, and the trees are fully leafed out in the pics, which means it wasn't yet fall (late Sept - Oct).

UG

these are great, but you better have high speed. I tryed downloading them a couple months ago on dial up, and it would have took one full day. now with high speed I was able to download aitkin county in 30 minutes. great photos. sherburne co. only took 10 minutes, I can almost see my deerstand.

Aha!
I have been away from the hunting forum too long.

People are starting to get hunting on the brain already, huh?

Let me know if you need help.

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

if you guy are looking for a place to get topos or aerial photos here is the web site to check out---they are FREE---that is the cool thing.

The site is: www.terraserver.microsoft.com

If you dont type in microsoft then it will just send you to terraserver sight and you have to pay.

the aerials are black and white dont know about the topos.

Good luck, and hope the maps are a big help, they are for me.

Terraserver has ancient aerial pics.
And the detail stinks.

If you want pic from 2003, I got what you need... smile.gif

Well, its not my stuff, its free off the ole internet.

• 2 weeks later...

BLB:

No need to e-mail the link--I reviewed the entire thread and found the link in the post. Thanks a ton for posting this resource! The best I had before was a 1994 Terraserver photo. Thanks again.

has anyone found a better gis system than the lizzard to view with? can get clear images to a point but there is more zoom available but it get blurry... any help would be appreciated the junkie

I cant get this stuff to work. Is there a way to view the file without downloading it? I downloaded the Lizardtech software and freed up a bunch of space on my hard drive (I have 164 free MB) and when I try to download the McCloed file (146MB) it goes all the way untill the end then says I don't have enough free disk space. WTF?

These are great photos, alot of fun to look at differant areas I have been.. On a side question???? Does anyone know if there is anything on the web for aerial photos for Colorado?????? Any help would be great!!

Thanks

That is pretty cool. Is there any way that you can make it clearer when you zoom in? I can zoom right into my house, but it is so blurry that I can't even tell what I am looking at. Thanks though!!