• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tikka T3

bklimek

Any opinions on this gun? I am looking at the Tikka T3 Hunter in a 300 WSM. I figure this would be a good gun for Whitetail and Elk. Is it true they are going to make a 130 grain 300 WSM round? ANd what would be a good scope to put on it? THe Nikon Monarch in 3-9x40 or the Leupold VarXII 3-9x50? Thanks for any comments

Butch

I dont' know much about the gun but do take a look at Burris for scopes you will be happy you did.

• 2 weeks later...

well I have to say a 130gr wouldnt be all that great, most of the 30 cal guns I have shot the magic seems to happen between 165 and 190gr. The ballistic coeficient and mass dont lend to great accuracy. most of your match rounds are 168gr.

the 300 WSM is a wonderfull round but stick to a heavier slug.

I have a Browning stainless a bolt in a 300 WSM. So far I shot 5 deer and 1 moose and I use 180 gr. Its topped off with a Nikon 3x9x40 and I get good groups with just factory loads. My dad just ordered himself a Tikka in a 300 WSM but I doubt he will get to use this fall because it was on backordered. As mentioned before I would stick with a heavier bullet and do your home work at the range. Good luck on your purchase. Brian