• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Iron sights and low light?

metrojoe

I'm sitting over my bait last Sunday night and a nice bear comes in with 5 minutes left of legal shooting time. I drop the barrel of my T/C Renegade on him and I can't see a thing. The whole barrel of my gun seemed to disappear against the black of the bear. Of course there was no moon last weekend, so that didn't help but short of changing over to fiber optics what can I do to make the front sight more visible?

I was thinking of putting a little "white out" on it but is there something that might show up better?

Thanks

Get some phosforous white paint, the same paint they use for glow jigs!
Thats what I use and it glows well into the evening low-light espeacially under the canopy of leaves of the early season.
I also bring the light emmitting "tazer" that glows them up good! Good Luck!

I was at Gander Mountain looking for glow sights for my shotgun and saw that they have glow dots for iron sights on rifles now. They looked like they would be very effective. Something to think about.