• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tri Tronics Shock Collars

early007

I have used older models of Tri Tronics Collars but I lost the transmitter last year. I'm thinking about buying a new collar/transmitter. Maybe the Sport 80C or the Field 90. Mostly I just want a collar that has a setting for a Tone, so I don't have to shock the dog every time I want to correct him. He has been conditioned to the tone and usually responds without the shock. Any suggestions or feedback from Tri-Tronics users? Thanks.

Jason Erlandson

------------------
Dave's Sportland Bait and Tackle
Sportland Guide Service
Hwy 371 & Cty Rd 13
Nisswa MN

218-963-2401

[email protected]

Give me a call, I can get collars at a discount and don't mind doing it for fellow FMers.

651-248-0155
Justin

I have the Sport 60 which has tone, great unit and I've had no problems with it, also really like the smaller size of it.

I never like the use of tone as a warning!!! It creates what I call the "****it-dog".

sit,,,,sit.....sit.......SIT...........****IT!!!!!! SIT!!!!!

The dog won't comply with the command until it hears ****it, because it knows you don't stand behind your words until ****it rolls across your tongue. The command should be enough. Failure to comply brings about negative pressure. Modifying the behavior removes the pressure.

Compliance = Happiness.

Tone does work great as a personal whistle between you and the dog. For my springer it means heal, for my pointer it means look back for a hand signal. I don't like to yell out to my dogs because we hunt late season Minnesota pheasants, and those birds don't live long by being stupid.

Hey Setterguy,

What could you get a Dogtra 2002NCP (two dog with pager) for? Normally they are priced at $549. I'm assuming you probably can't quote the price on the board. You can email me at the email address on my profile. Thanks.

gspman

[This message has been edited by gspman (edited 09-10-2004).]

Setterguy,
Evidently my email isn't showing up on the profile. Here's my email. clark dot koenen at thomson dot com

Have a 2 dog system up for grabs in the for sale forum under Hunters Closet Clearance on the second page. 200 L/S with all the goodies. This collar has the tone feature.

------------------
IBOT's # 17 & 248

• 3 weeks later...

setterguy,

could you shoot me a price on a Dogtra 1200 NC?

My e-mail address is:

waletzko at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

marine_man

I have a pro100 and love it. I have used it to train my dog. Nowadays when that thing goes on he knows that it is time to do business and no more screwing around. I rarely have to bump him but the option of having it there makes life a lot easier.

Marine - man, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I am extremely busy right now. I am in the irrigation business and its blow-out season. Only 600 left to do. I will try to make a point to get you some numbers tonight.

setterguy -

No problem on the delay - it's getting to be a busy time of the year...

you have mail...

marine_man