• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A Sad Day

Swamp Scooter

Well I have seen a few others let out a little of their hardships and now that I can type about it I will just put it out there.

Had to put down my 14 yr old field trial female Vizsla, July 8. It was time as she told me so. She quit eating on the fourth of July. Just did not want to do it anymore. yes she had a full life. she also had cancer, since 1995. Most of her teeth were gone in front from a variety of activities over her years. She was a great companion to all that met her.

Sorry but I would just rather paste in what I sent to my family:

Stormy is gone. She is resting on her favorite hill in the sun. She gave everything she had in all that she did. I never had a dog that loved so much. She kissed so much it seemed she needed to cover every inch of your face to make sure you understood how much she cared for you. She never complained about anything but always let you know how she was feeling. If she felt alone she got attention by nesting and destroying couches and beds. If she wanted to be alone she went quietly away and found a couch to sleep on. She gave up some fantastic puppies too. I miss Cane to this day and can enjoy all that Jazz is too. The Vizslas have touched our family in many ways and I will always recommend the breed. I am down to one dog now. The Monster. The name fits too. She is in no way a substitute or replacement for Mike or Stormy. They were so different. My little brown dogs running in the field and forest is something I will cherish forever. I have some pictures and in time will gather them up and get them arranged. It is too difficult for me now.

All great things come to an end but the time still goes on. There will be others but they are never the same. I want to thank you all for your support of my little brown dogs. I know they touched each of us in their own special way.

Remember them fondly... I do

Andy

Andy, very sorry to hear about your loss of your companion.I had a nice mental picture of your dog licking your face covering every inch.I too had to put my loved dog (family member)down.It is very very hard to do.Just remember all dogs go to heaven.

Sorry for the loss! This is the unfortunate side about loving a critter so dearly. It is very refreshing to see someone care so much for their pet. All dog owners will have to face this loss at some point and I am dreading my next time. We can only remember them and keep them in our thoughts as we continue to experience what our dogs loved so much. The next time you are out with the breeze in your face and the warm sun on your back, be sure to smile and say hi as your dear old dog is sure watching on!

Sorry for your loss. It is never easy. I finally buried most of the ashes from my last dog on Memorial Day this year (I put her down 2 years ago). She is up at her favorite spot at the cabin under a big rock for a tombstone. I say hi to her almost every trip up there. The rest of her ashes will go with me to Alaska this Sept. as that's where I got her from when I lived there so part of her will go home.

Wouldn't it be easy if they were ugly, unloving, growling, smelly, ungrateful animals? Well the problem is they are not any of those things which is why we love them so much. Cherish the time you had and think about how happy you made your dog while she was here, and how lucky both of you were to have each other for twelve years.

Sorry about your loss.
I just put my Retriever down today. It sucked big time! She was my best friend for 10 years, but cancer got her. This was the first time I faced making this "ultimate" decision, and I hope that I don't have to make it again for a long time.

We had a 27 pound, Wisconsin Raccoon Cat, a big long hair we called "PeeBee"!

He would obey certain commands, (I like to think of them as requests) just like a dog. He was the most gentle, loving animal you could imagine...our daughter said it best, "Even the birds like Peeb"!

From the time he was a flea ridden kitten, that my wife brought home from a garage sale, he took to me, I was the one he bonded with.

Peeb was our companion for 8 years...last year in this same month, he got sick for the last time and in his way, he asked for
my help. I know what you feel and I feel it even now as I type this...that trip to the vet is one awful thing.

We know we gave him the very best and took care of him and loved him and even knowing that is no consolation...I still miss him and I can't talk about him, because of the lump I get in my throat. His ashes are upstairs in the China cabinet and we talk to him every once in a while. It's a tough deal and I sure know what you are feeling, good luck.

My deepest sympathy swamp scooter, I had to do the same thing last friday! It really sucks! Take care!

Rainman