• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JJB

Croix Panfish

JJB

Took my girlfriend out this weekend for some crappie fishing.Tried one of my spots I fish in the summer that I havnt been to yet and olny cought a few crappies but the whole time there we were catching nice panfish.They were hitting crappie minnows on a jig and a small pimple.I have never got into panfish on the Croix throug hardwater like that b4.
I have noticed a pattern with the sunnies in the summer and when you find them they are thick and nice sized.Never kept too many but can be a blast some times.

Anyone ever have much luck with sunnies or noticed any pattern to them or (muskie in the area with them).

Dynasty

About what area were you fishing? how deep?

Ive never really fished the river in the winter, but in the spring/early summer we fish it and have caught decent sunnies and one over a pound while trolling for walleyes.

JJB

Between 16-19 feet now,Panfish for me is real uncommon in the winter but they are holding tight to structure.As for the area I would love to share it but cannot.Just like summer time its just been a lucky hand delt by the ol St Croix.