• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report from 11/8 & 11/9

riverdancer

Walleye,
We are going again on sat. Going to try the magic bait to see if it was a fluke or if it really is the bait. Stopped by the ramp on sun. just to find it. looks good, let us know if you will be out

------------------
****riverdancer****

Riverdancer,

Good to hear about your fishing successes!
One way to test a bait is to naturally do a side by side test, sometimes it's the angler who's getting the fish where anything you drop will work, and as you know sometimes it's the bait.

Keep catchin'
Turk

RiverDancer,

If you don't mind me asking... Whos makes your "magic lure", the SuperDoo? Thanks in advance.

-BassPatrol

Good day fellow FMers, had a great weekend on the river last weekend. Started out Saturday afternoon in Prescott where I was lucky enough to run into riverdancer and husband. Those two were putting a serious dent in the sauger population when they told me they were using super-doo's. They were kind enough to let me give one a shot and I proceeded to limit out on sauger in about 30 minutes and culled a couple smaller ones over the next hour. I usually don't keep fish but the parents want some. We fished the channel in 27'-29' of water. On Sunday my partner and I were greeted by a stiff southerly wind. This made boat positioning a challenge and the fish didn't cooperate like they did on Saturday. My partner and I only ended up boating 5 before leaving to watch the remainder of the viqueens (should have stayed fishing). All in all it was a great weekend, made some new friends, found a new fishing partner (many thanks for not showing me up on my boat), and wasn't tortured for almost 4 hours by the vikings (I only endured 1 quarter).

Basspatrol, They are called super doos made by Bfishin tackle. We were jigging with minnows all morning and catching some fish and then ran out of monnows and tried the super doo and started catching bigger fish. The average was 20-22 in saugs with some bigger walleyes as well. The difference for me was with the plastics they were nailing the bait instead of light biting the minnows.
Give them a try

------------------
****riverdancer****

On these super do's, what is the color(s) that work on the Croix for walleyes/sauger?

I am guessing chartruse?

Thanks

The best is either char. pepper flake or pink

------------------
****riverdancer****