• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BigMike

Smallmouth & Stillwater Shoreline

BigMike

I am wondering if anyone would be willing to post some advice on fishing for smallies on the 'Croix from shore. I'm not asking for everyone's honey-holes, but maybe just a little bit of direction.

I was thinking about trying some of the shoreline in Stillwater and south of stillwater along the rip-rap I have read about. Is the rip-rap accessable for shorefishing? Are the smallies to deep to fish from shore yet? I guess what I'm asking is: is it even worth my evening to try an of these spots out?

I usually fish the 'sippi for smallies, but have been working just west of MN/WI border and I was thinking of trying it out for some fall smallies.

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

Dragon Fish ll

Im going to say YES give it a shot. I was there Sunday morning at day break and caught about 15 smallies by noon and had four hit and miss, my buddy managed a cigar walleye and I managed about a two pound walleye all in all had fun day. fished on the north side of the still water bridge. Little rubber minnows and a light blue rapala did the trick. also caught a couple on minnows.