• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Need some info

Hello,
I have never been on the St. Croix before so I thought I'd ask for some advice. If you were to take a one day canoe/fishing trip somewhere north of St. Croix Falls, from what landings would you plan your trip? I'm really interested in catching some smallmouth.
I'm not trying to pry away anyone's secret holes, I'd just like to have fun catching a few smallies. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg

fishface5

We are going to try the N. end of the park down to 70. roughly the Kettle / Snake region. Let you know how it goes next Wed.

fishface5

Bugs.

EBass

You didn't cacth anything except for bugs?

walleyehawk

Spoke to fishfaces fishing partner last eve.

The mosquito's were real real thick, they went through cans of bug repellant and that did not seem to help much. Then they got hit with the storms of Monday evening. They were only able to fish two hours, spent the rest of the time paddling and fighting skeeters. The scenery and wildlife was incredible but it sounds like a good trip for when the bugs are gone as they were everywhere and a major distraction. They hope to go back in the fall when the bugs are gone and the leaves are changing.

Also sounds like you want to bite this trip off in a smaller chunk of river so that you do less paddling and more fishing.

fishface5

BUGS!!!!!!!! A little rain, and lots of BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!