• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

whos going out this weekend

Hey guys who is going to be out on the st.croix river this weekend to chase some eyes. if so where are you going to go

thanks for the info

------------------
mike

i dont know yet but i think prescott or tylors falls. where do you put in by stillwater? mn side or wis. i have not fished for walleyes by there just bowfish for carp and gar. thanks
mike

I'll be out Saturday.

Not sure where to fish at, it'll be huntin' & peckin' !!

Anyone recommend some areas...?

Thanks in advance...

I dont know the river that well just up by tylors falls and down by prscott. i dont know which one i am going to hit yet. let me know where you are going to go. wheres there boat landing by stillwater?
thanks
mike

Fished Saturday for Silvers near Franconia and Taylors Falls. Water was really high, cold and fast - which surprised me after the stable dry week we just had. I caught one little walleye - no silvers or crappies. I'll skip the crowd on opener, probably fish pool two instead. I'll get serious about fishing the St Croix after next week.

Lund 18,

There is a boat landing just north of down town Stillwater. The access is free, however you will need to show up extremely early to find a parking spot. You can also put in at Beanies just south of the 94 bridge, i think they charge $10.

Yup, I'll be heading up north of TF for wally action. There are several nice drifts north of the dam a few miles that I'll try. Last year jig and plastic shad tail worked well vertically jigging while floating w/the current.

I too was below the TF dam fishing white bass this past Saturday. I was w/a buddy in his 17' alumacraft. One fish in about two hours... not too good. However, I was undeterred and went back on Sunday. Eight fish, including a monster crappie and a couple of dink walleyes. Still wasn't outstanding, but better than nothing! I agree that the water was surprisingly high, about two feet up from the previous weekend. Why? I don't know. The good thing is that the water temp was up this past week from 41F to 54F. Pretty significant rise in temp I'd say!

Good luck this weekend.

So'ner

where is there a boatlanding near Franconia i was there a couple years ago. i think we went up 35 and got off in rush city and then i am lost? can anyone help me thanks

where is there a boatlanding near Franconia i was there a couple years ago. i think we went up 35 and got off in rush city and then i am lost? can anyone help me thanks

You're probably looking for Rush Creek landing. Yup, Rush City exit, go East through town and follow the road out of the east side of Rush City. There is another road, wish I could tell you the name of it. Get on TerraServer, look up Rush City and go east to find the road. This is dirt ramp I believe so small boats only, I'm guessing. I also don't know what the water depth is like there. Somebody else'll have to speak up with more info. Best I can do. Good Luck.

I'll be out there Saturday.
Were starting in Bayport and working North.
I hope we do as good as last year 9 keepers many dinks with a few sheepskins and silvers mixed in to keep you baiting the hook.

Good Luck,

Ferny.

fyi was down in prescott on friday,12 boats fishing around the marinas,per the locals,small sauger were being caught with an
occasional walleye,water temps needed to warm up before the walleye bite would get started,just passing along info here,i'll be
on a wisc lake in the amery area this weekend

good luck to all and make it safe

i sholud be somewhere between stillwater and 94. hopefully i'll get more walleye than musky this year, we boated 3 musky and 2 walleye last opener-that was really crazy.

See you guys on the water. I'll be there sunday because on non-fishing friend decide to get married on saturday and wants me to be in the wedding party. Good thing there will be lots of beer or I might not make it to his wedding.

Good luck everyone and TRZ save some for me.

TRZ and Mr. Special, good luck down there.Looks like the water finally came up a little bit in the last week.Should be pretty good.

Sinker, if you are looking to go out we have room for one more guy in the boat. e-mail me if you are interested.

TRZ,appreciate the offer but I'm heading up north for the WI. opener.Mr. Special was nice enough to ask also.Nice guys.We'll put together an outing yet.Thanks again,be safe and good luck!

TRZ,
Are you going to be out on sunday? If so maybe we could hook up and trade spots.

I'll be out saturday, maybe sunday morning if the bite is good.

I've never taken a boat down to Prescott so I'm not sure but I just got inform that you can launch at Hastings and its free. I usually fish from shore at the park on the northwest side of the bridge.

Eyes 1850,

In Prescott they have envelopes you put your money in and then you rip of the tag part and put it on your dash of your truck. I beleive it is around $7-$10. I have heard you can contact the city of prescott and get a season pass. You can always put in in hastings and motor down it is free. Or there is a nice ramp at bluffs park (washington county park) just south of afton on the minnesota side. Very nice ramp in a protected bay and nice park also. $20 a year pass good for all washington county parks. Last year on the first tuesday of every month the park was free to use not sure if they are doing that again but i would imagine they would.

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

The launch is just south of the dam. I'm not sure of street names but as you cross the river on 61 (heading south) take your first right, then again take your first right, then take your first left, then again take your first right. If your coming north on 61 you can't get there. smile.gif