• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Question for southerner

Hi, enjoyed your post regarding fishing below the TF dam. My question is in your opionion is the Northern fishing below the dam better than above? I've caught a few between 5 & 8 pounds above the dam but not the numbers or size I exspected.I haven't tried below the dam yet and just wanted your idea's on the subject.

Hey DutchBoy...

My opinion is that I'd rather fish pike above the dam any day compared to what I've experienced below the dam. I'm sure there's good piking to be had between TF & Oceola but I prefer the lake-like environment better above the dam. Less crowded too with fewer canoes and other vessels.

No to get too specific, but I've never gone pike fishing above the dam and not caught either good numbers and/or boated a 10lb+. There's some monster smallies and pretty good walleye fishing up there too.

Happy fishing!

Thanks for the reply!!
Fished above the dam several years ago and had really spotty action. Perhaps we can keep in touch and I'll follow you around for some tips if you wouldn't mind.
I think we both know why the St. Croix above the dam is so much better!! smile.gif