• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How's the ice?

Sinker

I haven't been down to the river since a week ago friday.Can you even get on anymore?I assume the edges are pretty well shot.I was up north this weekend and there was so much ice out on the lake I barely got through with the auger but the shore ice was blowing up before your eyes with all the melting.It might be over.Later guys.

sinker i haven't been out there since that day either. i think i'm done with the croix until the opener. i have been getting alot of sunnies in a few different lakes if you want to go this weekend let me know.

TRZ, yeah I think you're right.It's going in a hurry as we speak.I'll post on here when I get closer to the weekend.That would be fun.Take it easy.

I was out there Sunday afternoon. the ice was holding up fine. There were several trucks out there. The fish did not cooperate very well though.

i think i may have been the last guy to ice fish the river this year. i was out saturday and sunday. it was very strange we caught about 12 crappies and only 2 were keepers, rest were 7 inchers! we also caught about 10 walleye over 15', goes to figure that they bite like that when the season is over. i'll never figure out that dam river!

Sounds like you had a good fishing day. See ya on the open water.

Good luck

TRZ, that's right about the crazy river.I think the walleye and sauger know when the season closes,just like the deer seem to disappear when hunting season opens.Later.

sinker, i plan on getting a application to your uncle in Hudson, put in a good word for me! take it easy.