• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Line.

Sinker

What pound test fishing line do you dudes on the river use on your jigging rods? I have 6# on mine but I've had such a bad stretch of luck the last three weeks with lookers,I'm wondering if they're getting more finicky and can see my line.It is the gray "ice" line and it always worked well.Thanks.

Let's see...
Ultralight action Frabill combo - 2lb Berkely florocarbon. (bobber)
Light action Frabill combo - 4lb Berkely florocarbon. (jigging)
Medium action Hightech with Gander Mt small open face - 6lb Berkely Mono (bobber)
Med/Heavy Frabill with small baitcaster - 20 lb braided Power Pro - (large jigs, big bobber)

my .02 cents
EBass

I do like florocarbon in the winter. I believe that it does make a difference.

E-bass and Jim W, thanks for the replies.Sounds like my line is no different than what others use.The line I use isn't that spider wire or other similar types.It's still mono line made by trilene but it's called "micro-ice" for smaller diameter and invisible color.I'm with you on changing locations and bait until you catch fish.Only way to go.Good Luck Fishing!!!

I personally don't like ice-line and typically use either 4# or 6# Berkley XL for just about all of my fishing!

Try changing up your presentation. Size of presentation, time your out on the ice, weather etc etc etc.

Never be afraid to change up or move!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

sinker,

You should check out the florocarbon (sp??) I have been using them ice fishing for last couple of years and very impressed. Strong line and I have tried many of times to see the 6# line underneath my bobber on mille lacs and it is invisible. For sure check it out. The only thing that bothers me is it seems to have some memory on spinning reels (twists) but after it has been on the reel for awhile it smooths out. CHECK IT OUT !!

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

Crappie Getter, I will have to give it a try.I'm up for anything that will give a guy any edge against our prey.Because right now they are winning the battle(especially walleyes).Getting a few but some just will not hit any lure-bait combo or presentation.Take it easy.