• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

weekend

TRZ

looks like i'll be out saturday and sunday and maybe monday if the fish are biting. next weekend i'll be on mille lacs winning the perch extraveganza!

Good Luck TRZ,this weekend and at Mille Lacs.I'll be somewhere down at the river on friday but saturday I head up north to Clam Falls.A little snowmobiling and then the ice fishing contest on Sunday.My daughter has won a few times in the bass and panfish categories.Me? A few door prizes over the years.Oh well.It's fun.Take it easy.

Sunday afternoon and evening you'll find me and a buddy by the power plant. Didn't do too bad there last Friday - a couple of eyes, a couple saugs, and more than enough cats. Thanks to a couple of guys out there for loaning us a couple of unused holes after our auger didn't start.

i should be somewhere on the river sat,sun and mon. if you see a guy in a fat guy in a red coors hat say hello, my fishing partner is tall and skinny.

Southerner? Getting cats through the ice? That's cool - any size?

How is the late ice fishing in the Bayport stretch?

How do you go about gettinhg acces to the power plant? I 've gone by there on boat. Were do you fish, are you on the river or the channel? Not trying to get your honey hole, just would love to catch some cats through the ice.

Good luck

TRZ, who's the fat guy?The dude I met last saturday in the red hat surely wasn't fat.Anyhoo,I talked to Chris down there today.He left probably an hour and a half after I got there.It was fairly slow.Caught a sturgeon(small),sauger(decent) and a mud puppie(nasty).Lost and missed a few also.They seemed to want to hit it on the drop today.Good Luck Fishing and let me know how you did. E-mail:[email protected]

MrSpecial & Sturgeon,

Sorry for the delayed response as I caught the flu bug and it put me out of commission. In any case, to answer your questions, yes the cats were all pretty nice, between 3-6 lbs apiece. What was interesting though is that some were suspended as much as 8 feet off the bottom. I was fishing eyes using the standard jig & minnow head.

The spot? Right out in front of the open water and somewhat downstream from the warm water discharge. It's not any sort of secret spot at all. Good luck!

Southerner,
Hope your feeling better. But how do I get to the spot. Say if I'm taking HWY 95 from the bait shop? Do you think the bait shop could tell me how to get down there? Sorry for all the question, just not to familar with that area. Last time I went on 95 south from Stillwater to Hudson got pulled over for going 35mph in a 30 zone. After that I try to stay clear away.

Good luck.