• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
walleye29us

fishing reports !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walleye29us

does anyone have any fishing reports from the bayport areo on the river? any walleyes and saugers biting? any info would be appreciated !! thx...

walleye29us

ANYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unclejake

bayport crappies have been hit and miss. did well on them a week ago (xmas day)... this past weekend not many crappies.. although they appeared (on vex) to be down there... did get a few walleyes, saugers, and silvers. my buddy was out yesterday morning.. got a half dozen nice crappies. from what i take... you just have to be there at the right time... so not hot... but not bad either.

------------------
someone was smoking newport cigerettes on my spot.

unclejake

just go off the phone with my ol'man... he was down there this morning... he said it was terrible... same thing... he said he could see them down there... not biting though... perhaps this little cold front and rise in pressure turn them off again. man... they can be finacky. sorrow for the bunk report... i still might try it this afternoon if i can sneak out of work early.

Sturgeon46

We were out Sunday. Fished the WI side, 40' of water. One 14.5" walleye. Pushed it down the hole only to see it later under the ice, dead. Enough to make a guy cry. I saw a few other dead shorties under the ice too and a few crappies. Not many fish being caught while I was there. Not much on the point, either.

walleye29us

thanks for the reports all !!!

Went down by North Hudson today from 1pm to 6:30 pm.Darn slow.Only caught one decent sauger and a walleye the size of a cigar.I was in 34' of water until about 4 pm and then I moved in to some holes I drilled in 20' earlier.Saw some fish but they weren't taking much.Good Luck Fishing!!!

unclejake

i was out new years eve day... from 4:15pm to 5:15pm... on the wisc. side... no crappies... but one nice 15" walleye. was anyone down on the wisc. side yesterday? tanx

Sturgeon46

Hey, Sinker.... Where do you go on in N Hudson? Do you fish in the hole in front the little lake there? I usually fish out of Bayport but would like to try some other spots!

Sturgeon46

Hey, Sinker... What do you say - tell us about the North Hudson spots!

Sturgeon46, I get on at the landing you see all the vehicles by.South-east of the Bayport access.I usually go north about 1/3 of the way to the group of shacks you see on the WI. side.It drops off quickly from shore and it's basically 34' to 38' of water.I don't bring home buckets full but I usually can get a few crappies and saugers.Walleyes are running small.How are you doing for walleyes over there?Do you fish off of that point by the beach?Keep in touch.Good Luck Fishing!!!

Sturgeon46

Thanks, sinker. That's where I fish too - both sides. I was thinking you might fish closer to Hudson. I've been curious what fishing might be like in the quiet areas on the east side.

Sturgeon46,the farthest I've fished to the south on ice is where you can see a small group of shacks down by the black railroad bridge.They'll look like dots from the Bayport area.From there north to the landing where everyone gets on I've caught some big crappies.My daughter caught the biggest one I've seen down there,almost 15",a few years ago.Are you or anyone else doing anything on walleyes?Good Luck Fishing!!!

Sturgeon46

I'ts been slow for me on the walleyes. I only get out on weekends when traffic is highest and with no snow, I'm convinced the fish are spooked by the time I get at them. I fish with my 16 yr old son and I can't get him out of the sack to fish the early AM so we go in the afternoon after everyone has already stomped and punched holes all over. I'm going to move away from the crowd next time and see what I find. I'll let you know.

I bet you'll do fine.That's what I like to do to.Good Luck to you.