• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye / Sauger ! what depth ?

Thinking of going to the Croix Saturday morning (10/19/02).

What depth is anyone finding Walleye and Sauger at recently?

Fished the Croix 6 times in August and first week of September with good success and they were all around 18 feet. But I've been away from the river for a month (ya know that fall Leech Lake bite has an irresistible pull on my heartstrings during late Sept / early Oct).

SUCKA, ya been on the river in the last 10 days? By the way how was De Noc?

Hey Gem, I have two more weeks until the glorious trip to U.P. and I'll be sure to report (Even though it is out of state!) heh.

Went down to the river on foot a couple of times. Stopped at some old favorites I used to frequent before "the boat" came into my life and swent me into a blissful world of unparalleled fishing exstasy and......oh sorry....and I caught some fish.

The first trip, 2 nice sturgeon and some o.k. walleyes. Second trip, just one little eye. I'll be busting the sharp shoreline breaks with my planer boards this weekend. Me and the girlfriend have some practicing to do with four-board fishing. Should be fun. She has yet to experience the mad scramble of a double on the outside boards! Now that is a situation all it's own in panic and excitement. Heh....

If you can find some time after dark to fish, I recommend giving the ol worm ball a try right now, always a chance for a giant!

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

We were by prescott where the kinicinic comes in yesterday and had our limit in about an hour and I caught a 30' walleye to boot. they were hunkered down on the north end of the bar about 1/2 way up the rise. It was pretty fun. They were also along that bar about 15 ft. Have fun.

------------------
****riverdancer****

I haven't been out lately but heading out on monday around the bridges in Prescott. If anyone is out there come over and chat I'll give you the heads up. I'll be in a Nitro bass boat with a 150 johnson .

chris

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

Gemeye,I got out around 2 today, fishing around the Kini, got some walleyes, mostly small, sauger, and some shad. I saw one boat pull in two nice stergeon and a big cat.
I didn't get alot of keepers, but had fun.

hopefully it will warm up, It would be neat for some of the kids to get in on the action!

hope you did good on chisago.

Cyb