• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sucka sucked it up tonight!

Well, I guess we all have to have these days once in a while, but not all of us post about that's for sure. I don't know why I am reporting this, perhaps it's a sympathy plea. I caught one sheephead in about 5 hours of fishing. I'm not saying I didn't miss a couple here and there, but ouch!

I worked the Hudson bridge and missed a few; I worked the sand bars by the NSP plant and missed a few. I went to one of my best spots north of Stillwater before pulling out the boat and nothing!

I know, nobody feels bad for me, that's ok. By the reports I would have to suggest that you stick to mornings for walleyes and lower St.Croix seems to be having better luck. No excuses here, I really stunk tonight! Sorry that I can't bring good news this time.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

Derek,

We all have our "bad" days. smile.gif Some more than others, me more than most grin.gif

Thanks for your post and I want to say Congrats to our newest Field Staff Member. I'm really looking forward to meeting you in the near future and I hope that at some time we can wet a line together.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Sucka, I feel your pain man. When I look at all the time and money I've spent, energy I have expended,tackle purchased, and knowledge gleaned. I would like to think that I could catch any fish, anytime, anywhere. But alas I have come to the harsh reality that it is still called fishing and not catching! PS Think how good it will feel when it quits hurting.

Sucka,

Hey don't feel bad the bite has been Hot and Cold! I always try to report as such and not just start spouting off when catching big fish! So thanks, we all appreciate it.

This has been an odd year, last haldf of summer, for sure. The phrase "you should have been here yesterday," is fairly common where guys are stratching the head after slamming fish the day before. If you time it right the Croix could be coonsidered dead or Hott!

It really is tempermental just like a lake this year. The only advice that I can muster is work the fastest current you can find in an area, at least try it, it can really pay off, but that's why it's called fishing.

Keep Catchin'
Turk
www.croixsippi.com

I will agree with Turk it was a goofy summer with the big rains! Hammer them one day and struggle the next two to three days.You really had to key on the low-light periods with the hot summer to be somewhat productive!! The end of Sept into October should get very good. Should be more consistent anyways. The fish know winter is coming and they will have one thing on their mind and that is eating!!

Keep reporting and good luck.

crappie getter.

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

Ya it happened to me this mornin' too. Four trips to the Croix in the last three weeks yielded 2 wally or sauger to bring home each time along with plenty of smaller ones to throw back. Also sunnies, crappies, smallmouth,sheepers, rockies, silvers and channel cats mixed in.

So this morning I got the chance to take my wife fishing. She got a sheep and rocky; I got one puny C-cat. I was looking forward to seeing her have lots of fun with the stizostedions. Oh well if 4 out of 5 trips to any body of water were as good as the Croix has been for the last month, I'd have to fish MORE THAN 100 times a year.

TEACH A KID TO FISH ETHICALLY
TEACH A KID TO LIVE BIBLICALLY

www.gemfishing.org