• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St .croix Bluffs

Thanks for reply Gem Eye Guy.
Girl freind and I went out saturday morning. We did not do so well. Just got your reply.
Used crawlers and jighead. Worked the Wis.
side south of landing. Then Minn. side north of the landing. Should have used
minnows I take it. Did catch the sheepshead and cats.
Hope u had better luck.

------------------

choper 36,

Try fishing around the Prescott area around the no wake zone. Jigs and minnows have been picking up some decent fish. The mornings from first light until about 9am have been the best. Don't be afraid to wonder into the mississippi downstream of Prescott either. The bite will really heat up into October-November in this area. Right now key on the 18-25' range.

Good luck,
crappie getter.

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

Fished right out in front of St Croix Bluffs harbor this morning (Sat. Sept 7). The walleye/sauger bite was good from 6:30 to 9:30. All we caught after 9:30 was channel cats.
They were a little shallower today (18 to 20 feet) than they were on Labor Day weekend (23 to 28 feet). I think this was mostly because the water has risen 6 inches since Monday.
Yes jig and minnow was the ticket. A stinger hook's not a bad idea either.

Hey Gem did you get any fat saugers like the one you picked up the weekend before? I have yet to get back down there, but it's on my list of places to go that's certain!

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\