• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

I caught an eel

A couple months ago I caught this eel in Stillwater. It was about 2 and 1/2 feet long and white. Can anyone tell me more about this eel? It's edible or what?

It did put up a great fight.

Mike

It might have been a lamprey. I'm not sure if they are in there or not, but they are in the mississippi, so I guess it's very possible. Did it have a fishlike mouth or was it a sucker like mouth. Lampreys have a suction cup like mouth with teeth all around the inside. They latch onto fish and proceed to drain them of bodily nutrients. Nasty little #%#&^%@s. I thought they were tan though. Maybe you caught some albino rarity. Or maybe someone threw it in there a while ago and it just kept growing! 30" is a big eel! Got any pictures or anything like that? Would love to get a look at the thing and discover what exactly it was.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

hunt4food

I have seen lampreys in the Croix. Caught a Muskie a couple of years back that had one on it. It was only about 12" long. It dropped off the fish into my boat. That was quite an experience!! I had a friend catch an eel many years ago while we were shore fishng as kids. As I remeber it was pretty dark almost like a bullhead. I too would like to see pictures. Edibe?? No thank you!