• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Smallmouth oh yeah!

Well, if the other fish you're fishing for aren't biting, go for smallies!
I caught 7 in less than an hour at dusk. I used up all my leeches and switched to night crawlers and was still catching them. I missed a few obviously. 2 sauger. Released all fish. Had a blast. Just had to post and talk about good fishing on the river.
Anyone been hooking any big cats? Haven't caught too many yet this year. A few with the biggest around 21 lbs. I've never fished for them below Hudson. Can someone give me some ideas to try. I guess catfish bar would be a start eh? heh....

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

Where did you fish for those smallies? I would love to get into some of those smallies that you were talking about. The largest smallie I caught this year is a 20" smallie caught on tube.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Steve-O

from all reports I've read, the smallie fishing is really starting to pick up from Prescott all the way to Hudson area. I'll be out chasin' them this weekend.

Yeah a little bit north of hudson by where the **** is on the Wisconsin side. I think that might still be Hudson. North of the swing bridge about 1/4 mile or so. Along the shore has been good.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\

Turk

SteveO,

How are you friend? I would guess that spot would be north of the dam, since south of it is that shallow shallow water and it's all sand, but I may be wrong...

I think I may switch gears too, the walleye have been just plain hard to catch, and I'm, a stubborn fool that won't quit trying!!!!

The saug dogs from 13 -15" are hitting well but that gets old quick....

Once the bait fish is the primary forage, I know those walleye roam and suspend looking for the shad... I've been working suspended schools on the sonar with little luck.

I have caught some eyes shallow in choice areas but once those are run through a few times it's all dried up.

Anywho that's it! Good luck on the bite, and I wish you tag a dandy!!!

Keep catchin'
Turk
www.croixsippi.com

crappie getter

The Walleyes and Smallmouth where starting to pick up last week until the big rains saturday night. Then it shut down for me anyway down Prescott way. It would be nice to get the water near normal for a couple of weeks anyways!!!!

chris

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
arndts@tcq.net
St. Croix River

Steve-O

thanks for the tip. what got edited on your last post?
I live in Hudson and haven't fished that area seriously. Is it north or south of the Mallieleau dam?

Steve-O

Turk, oh master of piggy walleyes and bad judge of NFL football teams, I'm doing just fine.
My arms are starting to get back in shape after exhausting them on my annual smallie float down the Flambeau. Haven't been on the 'Croix lately. Been popping the LM's pretty good on Mallieleau. Getting better with launching/loading the Crestliner by myself.
Gonna chase them around a little this weekend. Thanks for the tips on location and general repo.
I'm kinda spoiled after our last trip together. I'm just not going to be happy unless I put another 26" 'eye in the boat on every trip lol!
heading out with Poi on the 22nd. Still trying to find that 'lunge that will go on the wall.
Take care and Go Pack!!!

Where it goes from rocks to sand north of the dam. The spot by the pennisula where it goes from rocks to sand I like too.

Hey Turk have you ever pulled a clublike sauger out of the Croix? I know there are giants in the missisippi, but I've never pulled a true trophy Sauger out of the St.Croix before. My biggest was earlier this year under the Hudson bridge.

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~
/
<The Sucka{
\