• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

what is going with the information?

It seems that when people post question regarding catching catfish on the st. croix, nobody seems to know where to fish for them. Even people who think that they know the st. croix like the back of their hand. I guess when people don't get paid for their services, they become mute.

I thought this forum was for people like myself to obtain guidance to enjoy the great fishing the st. croix has to offer. Not for posting guide for hire.....if you can't provide answer...get off the boat.

upset fisherman....

Jim W

I recommend contacting Turk at Croixsippi.com! Depending on how busy he is etc, it shouldn't take him too long to help you out with some info!!! He's the man that can!!

Please take into consideration that those in the know are very busy people like yourself and will get info to you as soon as they can! Again, contact Turk directly! good luck out there!!!

Steve-O

Most guides I know (and yes I've fished with Turk) spend a considerable amount of time researching, exploring, pre-fishing etc...
It's the way they make their living. For them to share everything (without being hired) would seem foolish to me.
Here's how I learned about the 'Croix. I bought a "Hot Spots" map and fished from shore at several locations. Then I hired Turk and fished with him 2 times last year and once this year. It's been well worth the investment. Do I know everything? Not even close. But I like my chances more and more every summer. Do a little exploring, for pete's sake.

Rick

Hi fisher,
Turk gives plenty of great free advice in this forum. He does work and is not on here as much as he would like at times. This is also your very first post.

Try to calm yourself rather than being upset. Most of the folks here really would like to help you out.

We are like a big family here and we welcome you as part of it as well. Respect, humor, and consideration are important parts of our interaction.

There are others who give info as well here. Remember, this forum is free and the tips are free. They are still no substitute for time exploring and having fun on the water.

The folks who help in this forum spend huge amounts of time learning their waters and spend a lot of money learning it. Then they help folks like you for free.

Remember they do work and they do take vacations, so please consider that before getting too upset.

I'm sure someone will help you here, just a little patience is needed sometimes.

They really do enjoy helping folks "Have More Fun" on the waters they know about.

Anyone out there who can help fisher out with catfish tips on the Croix?

Take care and enjoy fisher.

GoodFishin : )
Rick

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 06-28-2001).]

Turk

All,

If I've missed a direct question sorry, also I moderate this site, it turns out I answer lots of the questions but I'm not the only on that can... I know anglers on the Croix that are excellent anglers... as far as taking a shot at me, I just like equal footing, meaning you know who I am and I don't know who you are, it appears a bit cowardly to this river rat...
I'm happy when others catch fish, and I answer the questions that come to my attention. One sucky thing about guiding is that half the guys like you the other half really don't...
Just remember this is a free site, and in life you get what you pay for (no insult intended).
Keep Catchin'
Turk

side note tip - rising water and lowering water means fish movement, be prepared to work.