• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Croix Sauger and Walleye

I often fish the Croix near Prescott in the fall with pretty good results but found little success last Saturday in front of the power plant in Bayport. Suggestions anyone?

In my limited experience of the Bayport area I have usually either pulled 'em in hand over fist or gotten skunked. But I don't have a vex(yet) and have a hard time justifying changing lures/methods/baits that have worked in the past which I know could turn a bad day into something better sometimes. So I guess what i'm sayin is I would suggest changing tactics when they're not hitting and keep reading these posts so we can share a little knowledge so we can all have a little better "luck" next time. Good Luck! -Superman

Bloodshot,just a quick tip on what I do that "sometimes" works.If you have two holes four or five feet apart,in the hole farthest from you,rig a rod with a slip bobber and a jig and fathead near bottom.With the hole in front of you,jig a rapala or spoon w/minnow head or tail.If they're aggressive,they could hit the lure.If not sometimes they'll be attracted by the lure but go over and hit the slower moving live minnow.Nothing is a sure thing but it works if they are there..........maybe.Good Luck.